    "Shutdown", restarts instead. It just started doing this, but doesn't
    do it every time. Any ideas?

    Thanks so much.
    mary wei, Jun 8, 2004

  2. mary wei

    °Mike° Guest

    °Mike°, Jun 8, 2004

  3. mary wei

    Rob K Guest

    mary wei wrote :
    <snip>

    > Any ideas?
    >
    > Thanks so much.

    I've had similar problems with an older machine running WInXP. A BIOS
    update eventually fixed the problem.

    So, if you can't find a solution as per the link ºMikeº provided, you
    may need to flash your BIOS.
    However, this is something you don't want to do unless there's a
    specific problem persisting after you've tried everthing else.

    --
    My E-mail address in ROT-13:
    Rob K, Jun 8, 2004