    win98 itself. Does anyone know anything about this problem and know how to
    fix it?? Thank you.

    Alan
    Alan, Oct 23, 2003

  2. Alan

    Dragon Guest

    Try deleting all *.pwl files from your system and then re-logging on.

    "Alan" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have a question about windows98. I know many of you may not use this OS
    > anymore, but some application in my company rely on this OS. I think I had
    > this problem before but forgot the way to fix it.
    > The problem is when a win98 user logon to his computer, and he

    successfully
    > access the share on another computer within the same workgroup, but after

    > certain amount of time (few hours later), he will be denied access to the
    > share. He has to log off and on again to regain access. I think maybe

    there
    > is some patch that I need to apply, so I go ahead to windows update but I
    > had already updated everything, so I thought it has something to do with

    the

    Dragon, Oct 24, 2003

  3. Alan

    S. O'Brien Guest

    "Dragon" <> wrote in message
    > Try deleting all *.pwl files from your system and then re-logging on.
    >
    > "Alan" <> wrote in message
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > I have a question about windows98. I know many of you may not use this

    OS
    > > anymore, but some application in my company rely on this OS.

    Not many of us have used 98 before??? Honey, a good many of us have been
    around since the DOS era and earlier!! I would say the majority here fall
    into the oldies category (myself includedbut still young hehe). lol I
    remember getting excited when Windows 5.1 came out!! ok yeah I need a
    life... point is... we have been around for a long time :)

    Sue

    S. O'Brien, Oct 24, 2003
  4. Alan

    JaR Guest

    "S. O'Brien" <> wrote in message
    know many of you may not use this
    > OS
    > > > anymore, >>>but some application in my

    Sue, darlin'

    Have another cuppa coffee and read the post again.

    You just dated yourself for nothing. ;->

    JaR
    JaR, Oct 24, 2003
  5. Alan

    S. O'Brien Guest

    d'oh!! hell I'm only 32 so I haven't aged myself that much :p

    I'M ON VACATION!!!! no, wait... don't I need a job to have a vacation?
    hehe bonus... HOLIDAY!!! lol

    --
    Sue MCNGP #69
    http://www.mcngp.tk

    "Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good
    example." --Mark Twain

    "A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy
    enough people to make it worth the effort."
    Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

    "The Statue of Liberty is no longer saying 'Give me your poor, your tired,
    your huddled masses.' She's got a baseball bat and she's yelling, 'You want
    a piece of me?'" (Robin Williams)

    S. O'Brien, Oct 24, 2003
  6. Alan

    Guest

    how much layers in windows98,windows95,windows-me

    workgroup, but after a
    >certain amount of time (few hours later), he will be

    denied access to the
    >share. He has to log off and on again to regain access.

    I think maybe there
    >is some patch that I need to apply, so I go ahead to

    windows update but I
    >had already updated everything, so I thought it has

    something to do with the
    >win98 itself. Does anyone know anything about this

    problem and know how to
    >fix it?? Thank you.
    >
    >Alan
    >

    >.

    , Oct 27, 2003
  7. Alan

    Dragon Guest

    Sue has lost it:)

    Dragon, Oct 27, 2003
  8. Alan

    Dragon Guest

    4 Layers.

    Layer 1: Shrink Wrap
    Layer 2: The pretty little box
    Layer 3: The Inside Cardboard Box
    Layer 4: The Hard CD Case.

    "" <> wrote
    in message news:059b01c39c5d$172f6720$...

    Dragon, Oct 27, 2003