Windows 98 Folder & File problem ?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by CandyFan, Nov 2, 2004.

  1. CandyFan

    CandyFan Guest

    After years of no problems, all of a sudden my Folders are opening
    differently?

    When I open them directly through Win 98, no problem.

    BUT, when I open a Folder through a piece of software such as Microtek
    Scanner or Real Player, the Files inside will only show themselves BY
    DATE?

    I want BY NAME, which is what I've always had. Yes, I can right click
    inside the Folder to change the Files to BY NAME, but it never stays
    that way. Soon as I leave and come back again, the Files are back to
    BY DATE, always newest listed first, oldest listed last?

    Example, I go to Real Player, inside Real Player, open my mp3 music
    Folder, and voila, the Files are listed BY DATE every time?

    thanx in advance for help on this?

    Don't believe I've changed any settings anywhere to deserve this?

    CF-

    CandyFan, Nov 2, 2004