Windows 98 First Edition & Casio Software

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Rednelle, Apr 12, 2004.

  1. Rednelle

    Rednelle Guest

    Greetings,

    I have Windows 98 First Edition on a Pentium II 400MHz with 192Mb, 2 x HDD,
    CD-R & CD-RW and a Casio QV-R51 digital camera.

    I installed all the Casio software, and image transfer down the USB line
    (camera > computer) works fine; it reports file transfer from Drive G.

    The manual speaks about seeing the USB device (in Control Panel or Windows
    Explorer) as Drive ? (G for me) but I don't see it - and hence I can't drag
    & drop files.
    Is this to be expected with Windows 98 FE ?
    Would Windows 98 SE show USB devices as drives ?

    I would appreciate expert advice.

    Tony E

    Rednelle, Apr 12, 2004

  2. Rednelle

    Bowsër Guest

    Windows 98 FE doesn't support USB very well. Upgrade to SE and it's likely
    it will work. If your PC will support it, XP is a much better choice.

    Bowsër, Apr 12, 2004