Windows 98 / DHCP Lease Time problem

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by gkaucher, Feb 10, 2007.

  1. gkaucher

    gkaucher Guest

    I have an IBM 600E laptop with Windows 98 First Edition installed on
    it,
    and a Netgear MA401 Adapter card. It generally connects fine to
    wireless access
    points, and I am usually able to get on the internet. However, I have
    noticed that it sometimes has difficulty accessing the internet after
    "connecting" to linksys SSID's. If I run winipcfg when this happens
    usually
    I will find that the DHCP lease expiration time is set to current
    time, with the lease
    obtained date being 24 hours earlier. So in other words the lease is
    expired
    and I can't get on the internet. I imagine that this is something to
    do with
    being Windows 98. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

    Thanks,

    Gary

    gkaucher, Feb 10, 2007