    Please refresh my memory how I get into setup as my pc is loading.... is it
    Esc, F1, F9 can't remember and can't seem to hit the right key (duh!)

    TIA
    Nuala, Sep 3, 2003

  2. Nuala wrote:
    > Very simple - if you remember how :)
    >
    > Please refresh my memory how I get into setup as my pc is loading.... is it
    > Esc, F1, F9 can't remember and can't seem to hit the right key (duh!)
    >
    > TIA

    If you mean your BIOS setup, it's frequently the Del key, but might be
    other keys on some systems. Doesn't it pop up on the screen which key to
    press when you first turn it on?
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Sep 3, 2003

  3. Nuala

    Boomer.. Guest

    Nuala said:

    > Very simple - if you remember how :)
    >
    > Please refresh my memory how I get into setup as my pc is
    > hit the right key (duh!)
    >
    > TIA

    Try F8
    Boomer.., Sep 3, 2003
  4. On Wed, 03 Sep 2003 00:49:07 GMT in 24hoursupport.helpdesk, my mind boggled
    at the following statement by Nuala in message

    > Very simple - if you remember how :)
    >
    > Please refresh my memory how I get into setup as my pc is loading.... is it
    > Esc, F1, F9 can't remember and can't seem to hit the right key (duh!)
    >
    > TIA

    It would help to know what brand of computer/BIOS you're using, since they're
    not all the same. I've got one that uses F1, another that uses Del, another
    that uses..., well, you see what I mean.

    --
    The Old Sourdough
    No of SETI units returned: 2026
    The Old Sourdough, Sep 3, 2003
  5. Nuala

    riz Guest

    I think F8 is safe mode?

    <3f553c55$0$51597$>...

    riz, Sep 3, 2003
  6. Nuala

    riz Guest

    F2 on my Micron

    <7Ua5b.62033$>...

    riz, Sep 3, 2003
  7. Nuala

    JEFF BROWN Guest

    F8

    JEFF BROWN, Sep 3, 2003
  8. Nuala

    Stickems Guest

    Esc on my PC

    Stickems, Sep 3, 2003
  9. Nuala

    Ron Martell Guest

    "Nuala" <nobody@don'tcare.com> wrote:

    >Very simple - if you remember how :)
    >
    >Please refresh my memory how I get into setup as my pc is loading.... is it
    >Esc, F1, F9 can't remember and can't seem to hit the right key (duh!)
    >
    >TIA

    Going into the BIOS setup is a hardware function and has nothing to do
    with the version of Windows that is installed.

    The procedure used will vary from one make of computer to another,
    more specifically from one BIOS brand to another.

    Check the documentation that came with your computer or go to the
    computer manufacturer's web site and search their support information
    for your particular model.

    Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
    --
    Microsoft MVP