    So my question is - is it possible to setup/force a password/pin when my computer starts up!? And if so, how exactly to set it up?

    I have looked a countless number of suggestions but still with no luck.
    , Dec 15, 2012

  2. Switch motherboards to one that supports TPM?

    Seriously, I think you're running up against the limitations of the USB
    version of BitLocker. However, you might have a reasonable workaround -- use
    the features of the BIOS to install a password. I'm pretty sure the Asus
    BIOS supports a password requirement. You can add one to the BIOS as well.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://blogs.msmvps.com/russel

    <> wrote in message
    Hi all.

    I have just got a new computer and didn't know anything about TPM. Sadly my
    motherboard (ASUS Maximus Gene V) doesn't support TPM :-( but I know of the
    possibility to setup TPM on USB. I have done so but I have a strange result.

    What I really want is to utilize my USB plus have a password/pin just after
    BIOS. When I sutdown my computer or restart, it actually do prompt me for a
    password, but if I go in to BIOS and exit again, it just boots up in to
    Windows! Either that is a fault in Windows or I have setup something.

    Charlie Russel-MVP, Dec 20, 2012