Windows 7rc 64bit and SoundBlaster X-Fi Xtreme-Music

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Peter Horsch, Oct 21, 2009.

  1. Peter Horsch

    Peter Horsch Guest

    Hi,

    I got following problem.

    I installed the 64bit rc of windows 7 and the latest soundblaster driver
    (windows 7) for my soundblaster x-fi xtreme-music. However, I permanently
    have stuttering and scratching sounds. No chance for playing games or
    listening music. I've also tried several other driver packs, e.g. the PAX
    PCI Driver Package, without success.

    My System: Dell XPS 710 with 4 GB RAM

    I really appreciate any help on this problem, because I would like to buy
    Windows 7 64bit (runs much faster than my vista system). But with this
    problem, it doesn't make sense.

    Thx

    Peter Horsch, Oct 21, 2009

  2. Peter Horsch

    Dennis Pack Guest

    Peter:
    Have you tried the Creative driver "File Name :
    SBXF_PCDRV_LB_2_18_0013.exe" from
    "http://support.creative.com/downloads/?h=7". After installation perform a
    speaker calibration. Have a great day.

    --
    Dennis Pack
    Win-7 Enterprise x64

    __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4527 (20091020) __________

    http://www.eset.com

    Dennis Pack, Oct 21, 2009

  3. Peter Horsch

    Carlos Guest

    And if the new drivers don't do it, the CreativeLabs support forums might
    contain a solution to the issue:
    http://forums.creative.com/t5/Sound-Blaster/bd-p/soundblaster
    I found interesting stuff there, back in the days when I was a SB user,
    which I no longer am.
    :)
    Carlos

    Carlos, Oct 21, 2009