  1. David Wells

    David Wells Guest

    Does any one know if there is a news group for windows 7 yet

    David Wells, Oct 24, 2009

  2. David Wells

    JD Guest

    David Wells wrote:
    > Does any one know if there is a news group for windows 7 yet

    did a quick serch of the news groups from my provider, there seems to be
    two win7 groups but ones french and the others german.

    JD

    JD, Oct 24, 2009

  3. David Wells

    David Wells Guest

    On Sat, 24 Oct 2009 15:13:04 -0700, "Alex Clayton"
    <> wrote:

    >"David Wells" <> wrote in message
    >> Does any one know if there is a news group for windows 7 yet

    >alt.windows7.general
    >
    >No much traffic here yet, but some very nice and helpful people. I am sure
    >it will soon attract a lot of crap, but if you can sort through it some
    >people who know a lot and are willing to help.

    So far not being carried by my new provider. just did a refresh of the
    groups no help will try again
    Thanks

    David Wells, Oct 25, 2009
  4. Re: Re: Windows 7

    On Sat, 24 Oct 2009 19:29:00 -0700, David Wells <>
    wrote:

    >On Sat, 24 Oct 2009 15:13:04 -0700, "Alex Clayton"
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>"David Wells" <> wrote in message
    >>> Does any one know if there is a news group for windows 7 yet

    >>alt.windows7.general
    >>
    >>No much traffic here yet, but some very nice and helpful people. I am sure
    >>it will soon attract a lot of crap, but if you can sort through it some
    >>people who know a lot and are willing to help.

    >So far not being carried by my new provider. just did a refresh of the
    >groups no help will try again
    >Thanks

    David,
    If your provider is Verizon, they dropped alt.. groups (and some other
    groups) a while ago. Their rationale was there was porn on some of
    these groups. Tsk tsk. I dropped Verizon internet when my contract
    expired, so I don't know if they reinstated the groups.

    There are some low cost (free?) newsgroup providers out there, so you
    could subscribe to one of them and still keep your internet provider
    if desired.

    Perhaps someone here can reccommend a newsgroup service.

    HTH

    Steve

    Steve Meyerson, Oct 25, 2009
  5. David Wells

    David Wells Guest

    On Sun, 25 Oct 2009 09:53:27 -0400, Steve Meyerson
    <> wrote:

    >On Sat, 24 Oct 2009 19:29:00 -0700, David Wells <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>On Sat, 24 Oct 2009 15:13:04 -0700, "Alex Clayton"
    >><> wrote:
    >>
    >>>"David Wells" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>>alt.windows7.general
    >>>
    >>>No much traffic here yet, but some very nice and helpful people. I am sure
    >>>it will soon attract a lot of crap, but if you can sort through it some
    >>>people who know a lot and are willing to help.

    >>So far not being carried by my new provider. just did a refresh of the
    >>groups no help will try again
    >>Thanks

    >David,
    >If your provider is Verizon, they dropped alt.. groups (and some other
    >groups) a while ago. Their rationale was there was porn on some of
    >these groups. Tsk tsk. I dropped Verizon internet when my contract
    >expired, so I don't know if they reinstated the groups.
    >
    >There are some low cost (free?) newsgroup providers out there, so you
    >could subscribe to one of them and still keep your internet provider
    >if desired.
    >
    >Perhaps someone here can reccommend a newsgroup service.
    >
    >HTH
    >
    >Steve

    Hi I am with Shaw here in BC and I know they contracted out there news
    service to some other third party . This one does carry the alt groups

    David Wells, Oct 25, 2009