    Windows Vista to windows 7. for me not much of upgrade to be worth it.
    Someone running xp and thinking of going to vista, I would reccommend wait
    and go to windows 7.
    trueone, May 9, 2009

  2. trueone

    Malcolm Guest

    On Sat, 9 May 2009 22:20:23 +1200
    "trueone" <> wrote:

    > downloaded win7. impressed by the install on toshiba laptop with ati
    > x1200 card and atheros modem. all drivers installed. also have a
    > epson tx700w printer that wouldnt work on beta but was found on this
    > rc and drivers installed. The printer is wireless. Media player
    > played divx with no other downloads.
    > I dont like the new windows media player with out classic menus. All
    > installed in 1 hour up and running. with vista takes around 4 to 5
    > hours to get same functionality by time all drivers installed.
    > BUT I dont think I will buy it.
    > Windows 98 and ME to windows xp worth it for progress.
    > I felt windows xp to Vista is worth it for the progress.
    > Windows Vista to windows 7. for me not much of upgrade to be worth
    > it. Someone running xp and thinking of going to vista, I would
    > reccommend wait and go to windows 7.

    Hi
    Even works well on this netbook. I see there is a critical patch
    though :( They recommend a re-install, but only had AVG and Firefox
    installed. So just did a re-install of those applications.

    More here;
    <http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&taxonomyName=software_development&articleId=9132738&taxonomyId=63&intsrc=kc_top>

    --
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° (Linux Counter #276890)
    openSUSE 11.1 (i586) Kernel 2.6.27.21-0.1-pae
    Malcolm, May 9, 2009

  3. trueone

    trueone Guest

    "Malcolm" <> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 9 May 2009 22:20:23 +1200
    > "trueone" <> wrote:
    >
    >> downloaded win7. impressed by the install on toshiba laptop with ati
    >> x1200 card and atheros modem. all drivers installed. also have a
    >> epson tx700w printer that wouldnt work on beta but was found on this
    >> rc and drivers installed. The printer is wireless. Media player
    >> played divx with no other downloads.
    >> I dont like the new windows media player with out classic menus. All
    >> installed in 1 hour up and running. with vista takes around 4 to 5
    >> hours to get same functionality by time all drivers installed.
    >> BUT I dont think I will buy it.
    >> Windows 98 and ME to windows xp worth it for progress.
    >> I felt windows xp to Vista is worth it for the progress.
    >> Windows Vista to windows 7. for me not much of upgrade to be worth
    >> it. Someone running xp and thinking of going to vista, I would
    >> reccommend wait and go to windows 7.
    >>

    > Hi
    > Even works well on this netbook. I see there is a critical patch
    > though :( They recommend a re-install, but only had AVG and Firefox
    > installed. So just did a re-install of those applications.
    >
    > More here;
    > <http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&taxonomyName=software_development&articleId=9132738&taxonomyId=63&intsrc=kc_top>
    >
    > --
    > Cheers Malcolm °¿° (Linux Counter #276890)
    > openSUSE 11.1 (i586) Kernel 2.6.27.21-0.1-pae
    > up 0:37, 1 user, load average: 0.22, 0.13, 0.10
    > ASUS eeePC 1000HE ATOM N280 1.66GHz | GPU Mobile 945GM/GMS/GME

    yeah, i am thinking of ditching XP on my netbook and put on windows 7.
    trueone, May 9, 2009
  4. trueone

    Squiggle Guest

    trueone wrote:

    > "Malcolm" <> wrote in message
    >> On Sat, 9 May 2009 22:20:23 +1200
    >> "trueone" <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> downloaded win7. impressed by the install on toshiba laptop with ati
    >>> x1200 card and atheros modem. all drivers installed. also have a
    >>> epson tx700w printer that wouldnt work on beta but was found on this
    >>> rc and drivers installed. The printer is wireless. Media player
    >>> played divx with no other downloads.
    >>> I dont like the new windows media player with out classic menus. All
    >>> installed in 1 hour up and running. with vista takes around 4 to 5
    >>> hours to get same functionality by time all drivers installed.
    >>> BUT I dont think I will buy it.
    >>> Windows 98 and ME to windows xp worth it for progress.
    >>> I felt windows xp to Vista is worth it for the progress.
    >>> Windows Vista to windows 7. for me not much of upgrade to be worth
    >>> it. Someone running xp and thinking of going to vista, I would
    >>> reccommend wait and go to windows 7.
    >>>

    >> Hi
    >> Even works well on this netbook. I see there is a critical patch
    >> though :( They recommend a re-install, but only had AVG and Firefox
    >> installed. So just did a re-install of those applications.
    >>
    >> More here;
    >> <http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&taxonomyName=software_development&articleId=9132738&taxonomyId=63&intsrc=kc_top>
    >>

    >> --
    >> Cheers Malcolm °¿° (Linux Counter #276890)
    >> openSUSE 11.1 (i586) Kernel 2.6.27.21-0.1-pae
    >> up 0:37, 1 user, load average: 0.22, 0.13, 0.10
    >> ASUS eeePC 1000HE ATOM N280 1.66GHz | GPU Mobile 945GM/GMS/GME

    > yeah, i am thinking of ditching XP on my netbook and put on windows 7.

    shssh, dont say that, you'll just get LDO going again..
    Squiggle, May 9, 2009
  5. trueone

    Malcolm Guest

    On Sun, 10 May 2009 09:19:16 +1200
    Squiggle <> wrote:
    <snip>

    > > yeah, i am thinking of ditching XP on my netbook and put on windows
    > > 7.

    > shssh, dont say that, you'll just get LDO going again..

    Maybe LDO should change his nick to Mission, then Mission and
    Impossible can live in harmony?

    --
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° (Linux Counter #276890)
    openSUSE 11.1 x86_64 Kernel 2.6.27.21-0.1-default
    Malcolm, May 10, 2009
  6. In message <gu4l0i$knd$>, trueone wrote:

    > yeah, i am thinking of ditching XP on my netbook and put on windows 7.

    Which edition?
    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, May 10, 2009
  7. In message <HrpNl.363587$1.easynews.com>, Trueone
    wrote:

    >> In message <gu4l0i$knd$>, trueone wrote:
    >>
    >>> yeah, i am thinking of ditching XP on my netbook and put on windows 7.

    >> Which edition?

    > Vista stripped down as in PCUSER mag worked well when I tried it

    Which edition?
    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, May 10, 2009
  8. trueone

    Cima Guest

    On Sun, 10 May 2009 09:19:16 +1200, Squiggle <> wrote:

    >trueone wrote:
    >>
    >> "Malcolm" <> wrote in message

    >>> Hi
    >>> Even works well on this netbook. I see there is a critical patch
    >>> though :( They recommend a re-install, but only had AVG and Firefox
    >>> installed. So just did a re-install of those applications.
    >>>
    >>> More here;
    >>> <http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&taxonomyName=software_development&articleId=9132738&taxonomyId=63&intsrc=kc_top>
    >>>

    >>> --
    >>> Cheers Malcolm °¿° (Linux Counter #276890)
    >>> openSUSE 11.1 (i586) Kernel 2.6.27.21-0.1-pae
    >>> up 0:37, 1 user, load average: 0.22, 0.13, 0.10
    >>> ASUS eeePC 1000HE ATOM N280 1.66GHz | GPU Mobile 945GM/GMS/GME

    >> yeah, i am thinking of ditching XP on my netbook and put on windows 7.

    >shssh, dont say that, you'll just get LDO going again..

    Does he ever stop?
    Cima, May 10, 2009
  9. In message <>, Cima wrote:

    > Does he ever stop?

    I'm powered by Open Source baby, so I don't need activation, don't need
    reactivation, and my licence never expires.

    And my Advantage really is Genuine, no marketing bullshit about it.
    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, May 10, 2009
  10. trueone

    Jack Spratt Guest

    > In message <>, Cima wrote:
    >
    >> Does he ever stop?

    > I'm powered by Open Source baby, so I don't need activation, don't need
    > reactivation, and my licence never expires.
    >
    > And my Advantage really is Genuine, no marketing bullshit about it.

    Shame you look like a camel's arse otherwise some might think you a catch
    Jack Spratt, May 10, 2009
  11. trueone

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh intarwebs Jack Spratt wrote:
    > "Lawrence D'Oliveiro" <_zealand> wrote in
    > message news:gu5d6k$2v5$...
    >> In message <>, Cima wrote:
    >>
    >>> Does he ever stop?

    >> I'm powered by Open Source baby, so I don't need activation, don't
    >> need reactivation, and my licence never expires.
    >>
    >> And my Advantage really is Genuine, no marketing bullshit about it.
    >>

    > Shame you look like a camel's arse otherwise some might think you a
    > catch

    Oh I don't know....

    -Q: Why are camels called "ships of the desert"?
    -
    -
    -
    -