Windows 7 VirtualDiskProblem screenshot

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Skybuck Flying, Jun 20, 2011.

  1. Hello,

    Screenshot pretty much speaks for itself though additional comments added on
    screenshot which I shall repeat here:

    Problems:

    1. Disk management tool does not list all virtual disks :(
    2. Can't de-tach if not listed :(
    3. Can't change driver letter if not listed :(
    4. Windows 7 keeps changing drive letters after each boot, this screws up
    paths in source codes and such :(

    File:

    http://www.skybuck.org/VirtualDiskProblem/Windows7VirtualDiskProblem.png

    Folder:

    http://www.skybuck.org/VirtualDiskProblem

    Some other programmer newsgroups included too perhaps they also have
    experience with virtual disks to store source codes in and might know a
    solution or perhaps could look into it.

    Bye,
    Skybuck.

    Skybuck Flying, Jun 20, 2011

  2. Skybuck Flying

    red floyd Guest

    On Jun 20, 7:32 am, "Skybuck Flying" <>
    wrote:
    [incredibly off-topic redacted]

    Did you have a C++ specific question? Please see C++ FAQ 5.9

    Followup set.

    red floyd, Jun 20, 2011

  3. The c/c++ question is pretty obvious:

    How can one learn to write proper VHD tools in C/C++ or how can one correct
    the existing tools which might also be written in C/C++ or perhaps even C#
    which has similarities with C/C++ ?!?

    If you know the answer please post it to Microsoft as well ;)

    Bye,
    Skybuck :)

    Skybuck Flying, Jun 21, 2011
  4. On 6/21/2011 12:16 AM, Skybuck Flying wrote:
    > The c/c++ question is pretty obvious:
    >
    > How can one learn to write proper VHD tools in C/C++

    That's not a C++ language question.

    "How can one learn to drive a car in Manchester, England?" is NOT a
    question about Manchester, England. "How to find a driving school in
    Manchester?" is somewhat relevant to Manchester, although there is
    probably a generic answer. "How can one learn to slice a cucumber for a
    picnic on a trip to Bali, Indonesia?" is NOT a question about Indonesia.
    "Are cucumbers common in Indonesia?" is very relevant to Indonesia.

    "How to write an infinite loop in C++?" *is* a C++ question because
    loops are a feature in C++ and "infinite" transcends languages, so it's
    relevant to *any* programming language that defines a "loop". "How to
    format a hard drive in C++?" is *not* a C++ question because "hard
    drive" is not a feature of the language.

    Do you not get it?

    VHD (whatever that is) is *not* defined AFA C++ goes, so a question on
    "how to write proper VHD tools?" is not a C++ language question.

    Victor Bazarov, Jun 21, 2011