    want to keep. I would like to do an upgrade install on my other drive (drive
    2) which has Windows XP64 and Vista32 on it. I would like to reformat that
    drive. How do I boot with the CD and tell it to install on drive 2?

    Arthur MacLeod, Dec 10, 2009

  2. If you want a clean install of Windows 7 on your second drive, boot from
    the Windows 7 disk, select Custon install when prompted and then in the
    next screen "Where do you want to install Windows 7" select Drive
    options (advanced) and delete the partitions on your second disk.

    Highlight the now empty space as where you want Windows 7 installed and
    hit Next. The Windows 7 installer will partition and format the disk as
    required. You will need only to enter your Windows 7 product key when
    asked to complete the installation.

    Dominic Payer, Dec 10, 2009

  3. Thank You.

    Arthur

    Arthur MacLeod, Dec 10, 2009
  4. Arthur MacLeod

    Carlos Guest

    Arthur,
    The only minor inconvenience you may find with this procedure is that
    Windows 7 will name its partition on the second drive as "C:" and Vista will
    likely become "D:".
    This is not a big issue because when you boot Vista it will still sit in "C:".
    If you want partition letters to remain as they are, simply lauch the
    installation from Vista.
    Put your Win 7 DVD in the drive and wait autorun to do its magic.
    Also choose a Custom install.
    Carlos

    Carlos, Dec 10, 2009