Windows 7 update improves graphics performance

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Carlos, Aug 31, 2010.

  1. Carlos

    Carlos Guest

    Carlos, Aug 31, 2010

  2. Carlos

    Jeff Layman Guest

    "Carlos" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > There is an optional update:
    > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2028560
    > that claims to improve graphics performance.
    > Here is the download link.
    > http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...BD-C34B-42EF-978B-10B73E7D5BBA&displaylang=en
    > I have had no chance to benchmark it so far.
    > Carlos

    Thanks for the link(s).

    "An update is available for Windows 7 and for Windows Server 2008 R2 which
    provides new functionality and performance improvements for the graphics
    platform". Now all I have to do is find out what the new functionality is -
    unless I'm missing something, MS don't actually say what this is! It'll be
    interesting to see what the performance improvement is, too.

    --

    Jeff

    Jeff Layman, Sep 1, 2010

  3. Carlos

    Jerry Guest

    These updates are supposed to be for Win7 Dx 11 - as opposed to Win7
    graphics

    Jerry, Sep 1, 2010
  4. Carlos

    Kue2 Guest

    Kue2, Sep 4, 2010
  5. For me the graphics score in WEI went up from 6.8 to 6.9 after installing the
    update.

    --
    Asus P5Q Deluxe
    Coreâ„¢ 2 Extreme X6800

    Maratonmannen, Sep 5, 2010
  6. Carlos

    Kue2 Guest

    Hi Maratonmannen

    Both my scores stayed the same after applying update
    to Direct X 11. Graphics score: Graphics 7.4 & Graphics Gaming 7.4

    Kue2, Sep 5, 2010
  7. Carlos

    Drew Guest

    My scores also stayed a steady 7.4. running twin Toxic ATI 4850's

    Drew, Sep 5, 2010