    program will work anyway, even without the icon being present. Is
    there a fix for this, like there was for XP?

    Regards, Roberto
    Roberto VALENTE, Jul 6, 2011

  2. Roberto VALENTE

    Rob Guest

    On 06/07/2011 21:52, Roberto VALENTE wrote:
    > Good morning, I have various installations of Windows 7 64. On all of
    > them, I have the same problem: the TSR icons appear erratically on
    > startup. Let me explain: let's take PrintKey2000. Sometimes, the icon
    > will present itself in the systray, some other times it won't. The
    > program will work anyway, even without the icon being present. Is
    > there a fix for this, like there was for XP?
    >
    > Regards, Roberto

    Check the individual icon settings for the system tray.
    Perhaps the 'problem' ones are set to 'notification only'?

    If not, it is worth noting that some 'system utility' type software
    designed for older versions of windows doesn't work well with
    Windows7, so you may need to look for compatible replacements
    for those.

    HTH,
    --
    Rob
    Rob, Jul 7, 2011

  3. Thanks Rob,

    actually, I went into the registry and deleted all istances of
    "iconstreams" and "pasticonstreams" and that worked. I think I am
    gonna have to do it occasionaly, as I remove TSRs, but it works...

    Ciao, Lupo

    Roberto VALENTE, Jul 7, 2011