    normally.
    Is there any way to stop this crashing without reinstalling windows?
    Windows 7 ultimate, 2gb ram, 500gb hd

    bardeban, Jan 11, 2010

  2. bardeban

    Dan C Guest

    On Sun, 10 Jan 2010 19:07:36 -0500, bardeban wrote:

    > When I leave my computer for at least 10 minutes, my computer goes to
    > sleep. As soon as I touch the keyboard, computer comes back on, but than
    > when on desk top I click on any icon, nothing happens, it lookes like
    > computer crashes. and I have to RESTART the computer to make everything
    > work normally.
    > Is there any way to stop this crashing without reinstalling windows?
    > Windows 7 ultimate, 2gb ram, 500gb hd

    The only way to correct this (very common) problem is to format the hard
    drive.

    "Bother!" said Pooh, as he wiped the vomit from his chin.

    Dan C, Jan 11, 2010

  3. bardeban

    chuckcar Guest

    "bardeban" <> wrote in

    > When I leave my computer for at least 10 minutes, my computer goes to
    > sleep. As soon as I touch the keyboard, computer comes back on, but
    > than when on desk top I click on any icon, nothing happens, it lookes
    > like computer crashes. and I have to RESTART the computer to make
    > everything work normally.
    > Is there any way to stop this crashing without reinstalling windows?
    > Windows 7 ultimate, 2gb ram, 500gb hd

    Complain to the girl in the Microsoft commercial. She *does* say it was
    her idea.<g>

    Try waiting 2 minutes. What may be happening is that the hard drive is
    shutting off as well. So as a result it would take a bit to spin up to
    speed again.

    Aside from that further details are required such as the make, amount or ram,
    processor speed and whether you have tried disabling startup. It also may be a
    hardware problem although showing that generally can only be done by eliminating
    any software causes.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Jan 11, 2010
  4. bardeban

    joevan Guest

    On 11 Jan 2010 02:09:39 GMT, Dan C <>
    wrote:

    >On Sun, 10 Jan 2010 19:07:36 -0500, bardeban wrote:
    >
    >> When I leave my computer for at least 10 minutes, my computer goes to
    >> sleep. As soon as I touch the keyboard, computer comes back on, but than
    >> when on desk top I click on any icon, nothing happens, it lookes like
    >> computer crashes. and I have to RESTART the computer to make everything
    >> work normally.
    >> Is there any way to stop this crashing without reinstalling windows?
    >> Windows 7 ultimate, 2gb ram, 500gb hd

    >The only way to correct this (very common) problem is to format the hard
    >drive.

    Some people could just format their keyboards and not type in this ng.

    joevan, Jan 11, 2010
  5. bardeban

    Dan C Guest

    On Sun, 10 Jan 2010 21:38:37 -0500, joevan wrote:

    > On 11 Jan 2010 02:09:39 GMT, Dan C <> wrote:
    >
    >>On Sun, 10 Jan 2010 19:07:36 -0500, bardeban wrote:
    >>
    >>> When I leave my computer for at least 10 minutes, my computer goes to
    >>> sleep. As soon as I touch the keyboard, computer comes back on, but
    >>> than when on desk top I click on any icon, nothing happens, it lookes
    >>> like computer crashes. and I have to RESTART the computer to make
    >>> everything work normally.
    >>> Is there any way to stop this crashing without reinstalling windows?
    >>> Windows 7 ultimate, 2gb ram, 500gb hd

    >>The only way to correct this (very common) problem is to format the hard
    >>drive.

    > Some people could just format their keyboards and not type in this ng.

    Get started. Let us know how it works out.

    "Bother!" said Pooh, as he wiped the vomit from his chin.

    Dan C, Jan 11, 2010
  6. bardeban

    Aardvark Guest

    On Mon, 11 Jan 2010 03:01:50 +0000, Dan C wrote:

    > On Sun, 10 Jan 2010 21:38:37 -0500, joevan wrote:

    >>>The only way to correct this (very common) problem is to format the
    >>>hard drive.

    >> Some people could just format their keyboards and not type in this ng.

    > Get started. Let us know how it works out.

    TESTING

    --
    Algy met a bear
    The bear was bulgy

    Aardvark, Jan 11, 2010
  7. bardeban

    VanguardLH Guest

    bardeban wrote:

    > When I leave my computer for at least 10 minutes, my computer goes to sleep.
    > As soon as I touch the keyboard, computer comes back on, but than when on
    > desk top I click on any icon, nothing happens, it lookes like computer
    > crashes. and I have to RESTART the computer to make everything work
    > normally.
    > Is there any way to stop this crashing without reinstalling windows?
    > Windows 7 ultimate, 2gb ram, 500gb hd

    Start checking the Event Viewer for errors at the time you deactivate the
    low-power mode. Try running Windows in its safe mode to see if you have an
    incompatible background program running. Start reviewing what hardware
    drivers you recently changed or if they even have Windows 7 versions; i.e.,
    the interface (driver) for hardware could be locking up your system.

    I don't use Windows 7. Support is thatta way ------>

    The Microsoft community for Windows 7 is found at:
    http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/category/w7itpro

    VanguardLH, Jan 11, 2010