    Anyone here know of any scsi cards that are supported under Windows 7?
    I have a scsi scanner I would like to use.
    Lee
    spock, Nov 18, 2009

  2. spock

    Guest

    In <#>, "spock" <> writes:
    >Hello All
    >Anyone here know of any scsi cards that are supported under Windows 7?
    >I have a scsi scanner I would like to use.
    >Lee

    Have you checked whether your scanner driver is available for 64 bit Win?
    , Nov 19, 2009

  3. spock

    Jim Guest

    On Nov 18, 10:15 pm, wrote:
    > In <#>, "spock" <vk5abcnos...@optusnet..com.au> writes:>Hello All
    > >Anyone here know of any scsi cards that are supported under Windows 7?
    > >I have a scsi scanner I would like to use.
    > >Lee

    Hi Lee,

    I had to buy a new card. Fortunately I also built a new computer at
    the same time, because it requires a new bus as well. I bought an
    Adaptec 29320 LPE from Amazon.com (best price). It is a PCI-E card,
    so it would not have worked in my old machine. Not only does it work
    in Windows 7, but Windows update has already updated the driver once.
    I also flashed the BIOS to the latest version.

    I would not go to all this trouble for a scanner, unless it was a
    particularly fancy one. I had a new tape drive, and I *had* to have
    SCSI.

    Good luck! :)

    Jim
    Jim, Nov 19, 2009
  4. spock

    spock Guest

    Looks I forgot the driver for the scanner and on epson's website there is no drivers
    not even for vista, oh well btw it is a epson perfection 1200s looks like it is too old.

    thanks to those who replied.

    spock, Nov 19, 2009
  5. spock

    Jim Guest

    On Nov 19, 9:30 am, "spock" <> wrote:
    > Looks I forgot the driver for the scanner and on epson's website there is no drivers
    > not even for vista, oh well btw it is a epson perfection 1200s looks like it is too old.
    >
    > thanks to those who replied.

    Unfortunately we are all reminded all too frequently that hardware is
    all about software drivers. The hardware may be fine, but without the
    appropriate software drivers it is worthless.

    BTW, these new Canon LED scanners are really great and they only cost
    about $100.00.

    Good luck! :)

    Jim
    Jim, Nov 20, 2009
  6. spock

    Bernard Bailey

    Joined:
    Jul 15, 2010
    Messages:
    1
    I know of a program that will give the SCSI drivers and allow you to use your scanner. It works with Vista Ultimate 64 bit and Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit as well. When I went to Vista 64 bit I could not find drivers for my scannner. The name of the program is VueScan by hamrick the website is hamrick.com. They have a 30 day trial for the program and it cost 39.95 for a standard edition and 79.95 for the professional edition. The program is worth it especially if you have an older scanner. Try this to see if it works.
    Good Luck.
    Bernard Bailey, Jul 15, 2010
  7. spock

    GeorgeC49

    Joined:
    Apr 24, 2012
    Messages:
    1
    Windows 7 SCSI cards - VueScan

    VueScan is an application program and does not support a SCSI driver for the SCSI Adapter. It supports a scanner.
    GeorgeC49, Apr 24, 2012