    Concrete fact is Windows 7 to me is beyond expectations and will surely be a
    best seller and will possibly send XP to RIP with ME/98/95/3.x ....

    Keep your fingers crossed, fellows. The moment is coming.

    TMA, Jul 15, 2009

  2. TMA

    Jerry Guest

    Windows 7 forum:
    http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/w7itpro

    Jerry, Jul 15, 2009

  3. TMA

    TMA Guest

    Read previous posts.

    TMA, Jul 16, 2009
  4. Why do we need to read them again? I just read them yesterday!

    Bobby Johnson, Jul 16, 2009
  5. TMA

    TMA Guest

    > Why do we need to read them again? I just read them yesterday!
    >> Windows 7 forum:
    >> http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/w7itpro

    So you will see there are several posts here complaining about Microsoft's
    decision NOT to create a Newsgroup here for Windows 7. And this
    microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general is the closer we could get to what
    should be the "proper" newsgroup for the new OS. That has been discussed in
    the previous posts.

    After Microsoft's decision NOT to create a newsgroup here for Windows 7, *I*
    have decided to bring HERE (not to web forums) my questions/comments about
    it because I've found a lot of others who are doing the same and there seems
    to be a lot of Win7 x64 enthusiasts.

    That said, I hope you don't mind my previous and future posts about Windows
    7 in this newsgroup.

    Anyway, thanks for the link.

    TMA, Jul 16, 2009
  6. TMA

    Jerry Guest

    There are a lot more questions, answers, and solutions in the forums than
    you'll ever find here in the newsgroup.

    Jerry, Jul 16, 2009
  7. Doesn't matter. This newsgroup will continue exist, and will continue to
    support the users who come here. Many of us here do not, and will not, use
    web forums. I, for one, don't have the time, patience or interest in them.
    Nor do many of the other folks here who answer questions.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jul 20, 2009
  8. I've seen rumour after rumour, but there's little actual fact behind them,
    at this point. And even if true, it's still a long time until there's any
    availability of legal versions. But meanwhile, the RC version is quite
    stable and useful, and I can wait patiently. ;)

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jul 20, 2009
  9. TMA

    Jdr Guest

    This Forum is the best way to kill every feedback and discussion
    about Windows 7 problems.
    http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/w7itpro

    Read this:
    "Continuation of long thread Have Comments about Windows 7 RC (Part 5)>
    To all forum users:
    Please use this thread to note any comments that you have about Windows 7
    Release Candidate (RC). Do not use this thread for any specific question or
    issue that you are having - just for comments or feedback. For
    questions/issues that require an answer, create a new thread.

    Thanks

    -Tony Mann
    Windows Client IT Pro Audience Manager for Web Forums, Windows Client Forum
    Owner"

    Jdr, Jul 20, 2009
  10. TMA

    R. C. White Guest

    Hi, Charlie.

    Yep! The October 22 GA (General Availability) date is about as rock-solid
    as it can get. But all the dates between today and October are subject to
    change. For that reason, even dates that have been disclosed or "tossed
    around" within Microsoft have not been announced outside the small(?) circle
    of partners and others who (1) won't disclose or "leak" them to others, and
    (2) will understand if the dates slip a little - forward or backward - and
    won't go screaming that MS has missed a deadline - again - and that Win7
    will clearly be... (fit in our own disastrous word or phrase here). And we
    beta testers seem to know even less than "everyone else".

    RC
    --
    R. C. White, CPA
    San Marcos, TX

    Microsoft Windows MVP

    R. C. White, Jul 20, 2009
  11. TMA

    Eric Nay Guest

    > there seems to be a lot of Win7 x64 enthusiasts.
    >
    > That said, I hope you don't mind my previous and future posts about
    > Windows 7 in this newsgroup.

    Damn straight! Win7/64 seems like the OS we've been waiting for... for
    at least 3-5 years now. And web forums seem so childish compared to the
    threaded newsgroups. Kind of silly.

    Win7/64 RC has been more solid and reliable on the same hardware I was
    running Vista/32 on. It's like they waited until SP1 to ship the OS!

    I know we're looking to upgrade our 900 desktops straight from XP to Win7.

    Eric

    Eric Nay, Jul 21, 2009