Windows 7 -on sale-preorder offer

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by RoseW, Jul 3, 2009.

  1. RoseW

    RoseW Guest

    Microsoft has announced on its Windows 7 preorder page that it will offer a
    special price of about $49 for the Windows 7 Home Premium upgrade and about
    $99 for the Windows 7 Professional upgrade. You can order the upgrades from
    various retailers or directly from the Microsoft Store.
    -Available until July 11/09 in Can. and U.S.
    -from the paid version of Windows Secrets Newsletter July 2/09
    The above prices are U.S. - Canadian prices are 69 and 129.00 plus taxes.
    Selected vendors have the pre-order offer.
    When I went to the site the 'Microsoft Store' link didn't jump out at me.
    I tried a vendor that has an outlet in my town (Ontario, Canada)and the Pro
    version was 'sold out'. They had received a limited amount two days before
    and that list was totally booked. I got an order for two copies in to
    Staples Canada onlinr which had a follow-up confirmation so I assume if
    they've got my money that an order (free shipping) will arrive in a few
    months.

    Only the Home and the Pro have the pre-order offer. Ultimate (about $220
    U.S)is not on the 'sale' list.

    European -Other discounts apply to online orders in France, Germany, and the
    U.K. between July 15 and Aug. 14. In the U.K., the pre-release price for a
    Win7 Home Premium upgrade is 49.99 pounds - which is 66% more than the
    comparable U.S. price - and in France and Germany it runs 49.99 euros - 41%
    more than the U.S. price.
    There was a rhetorical question for Europeans ordering:
    'It's entirely possible to order Windows 7 Home Premium from, say, the Fry's
    Electronics product page, wherever you may be in the world. At this point,
    it isn't clear whether Fry's - or any other retailer, for that matter - will
    ship the Windows 7 upgrade outside of the U.S. and Canada.'

    Rose

    --
    http://rwgallery.gogax.com
    RoseW, Jul 3, 2009

  2. And today there's articles about a Family Upgrade where you get a
    license for 3 family computers for $189. You'd save $40 by buying 3
    each @ $49.

    Bobby Johnson, Jul 3, 2009

  3. RoseW

    Sparky Guest

    Hey Bobby...where's the bitching about the marketing NOW .????? and not one
    WORD about the software itself....
    Hell , she doesn't have 64bit anywhere to be seen...yet you kindly offered
    your words of wisdom

    Sparky, Jul 4, 2009
  4. You guys told me to lighten up and now you're complaining because I did.
    I guess some people can't be appeased no matter what you do!

    Bobby Johnson, Jul 4, 2009
  5. RoseW

    RoseW Guest

    On each version (Home and Pro) disk there is a 64bit and a 32bit executable.
    I assumed if people were interested in pre-ordering they would see that in
    the product description. I have 64 on one machine and 32 on the other
    machine. Since I ordered two types (Pro and Home) I suspect the offer for 3
    computers wouldn't apply.
    The Windows Secrets news article was more informative than the detail at the
    Microsoft site so I can see why questions would be asked to ensure what is
    actually being purchased. I thought Windows 7 was going to be totally 64bit
    so was a bit surprised to see that isn't the case.
    Rose

    RoseW, Jul 4, 2009