Windows 7 newsgroups?

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Phillip, Jan 7, 2010.

  1. Phillip

    Phillip Guest

    Hello!

    Is it me or are there no Windows 7 newsgroups on msnews.microsoft.com
    news/usenet server?

    Thank you in advance. :)
    --
    Phillip Pi
    Senior Software Quality Assurance Analyst

    Phillip, Jan 7, 2010

  2. Phillip

    Carlos Guest

    Phillip,
    There's only a web based (Technet) newsgroup and, of course, us!
    Carlos

    Carlos, Jan 7, 2010

  3. Phillip

    Barb Bowman Guest

    Barb Bowman, Jan 7, 2010
  4. Phillip

    Scott Guest

    On Thu, 7 Jan 2010 16:19:41 -0500, "David B." <> wrote:

    >As has been discussed numerous times, they do not exist.

    This sounds like the old tale of the man that walked into the shop and
    asked for (xxx). The shop assistant replied, "We don't sell (xxx).
    There's no demand for it. And you're the tenth person I've said that
    to so far today."

    So if there is demand maybe Phillip could set up a group???

    Scott, Jan 7, 2010
  5. Phillip

    Jeff Gaines Guest

    On 07/01/2010 in message <> Phillip
    wrote:

    >Hello!
    >
    >Is it me or are there no Windows 7 newsgroups on msnews.microsoft.com
    >news/usenet server?
    >
    >Thank you in advance. :)

    No MSFT hosted group but there is:
    alt.windows7.general

    --
    Jeff Gaines Dorset UK
    This is as bad as it can get, but don't bet on it

    Jeff Gaines, Jan 7, 2010
  6. Phillip

    Phillip Pi Guest

    Scott wrote:

    >> As has been discussed numerous times, they do not exist.
    >>

    > This sounds like the old tale of the man that walked into the shop and
    > asked for (xxx). The shop assistant replied, "We don't sell (xxx).
    > There's no demand for it. And you're the tenth person I've said that
    > to so far today."
    >
    > So if there is demand maybe Phillip could set up a group???

    I would if I had access to msnews.microsoft.com's server administration. :p

    Phillip Pi, Jan 7, 2010
  7. Phillip

    Phillip Pi Guest

    Jeff Gaines wrote:

    >> Is it me or are there no Windows 7 newsgroups on msnews.microsoft.com
    >> news/usenet server?
    >>
    >> Thank you in advance. :)

    > No MSFT hosted group but there is:
    > alt.windows7.general

    Yeahm, I just discovered it on Giganews server. Not too many people
    there yet.

    Phillip Pi, Jan 7, 2010
  8. Phillip

    Richard Guest

    As the other posters have indicated, there are no, or limited newsgroups for
    Windows 7. However, there are many "forums" at Microsoft Answers. You'll
    need a Live ID in order to post to them. A Live ID doesn't require setting
    up an email account. A complete of list of the available forums can be found
    at:

    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/default.aspx

    There are numerous forums listed as well as instructions on how to sign up.

    I hope this helps.
    --
    Thank You,
    Richard

    Richard, Jan 7, 2010
  9. Phillip

    Ophelia Guest

    "Phillip Pi" <> wrote in message
    > Jeff Gaines wrote:
    >
    >>> Is it me or are there no Windows 7 newsgroups on msnews.microsoft.com
    >>> news/usenet server?
    >>>
    >>> Thank you in advance. :)

    >> No MSFT hosted group but there is:
    >> alt.windows7.general

    > Yeahm, I just discovered it on Giganews server. Not too many people there
    > yet.

    Well there is plenty of traffic in there and I have had several problems
    solved!

    They just weren't too thrilled with Philip's long list of questions! We are
    not empolyees of MS you know!

    https://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/

    Ophelia, Jan 9, 2010
  10. Phillip

    Ant Guest

    > >> No MSFT hosted group but there is:
    > >> alt.windows7.general

    > > Yeahm, I just discovered it on Giganews server. Not too many people there
    > > yet.

    > Well there is plenty of traffic in there and I have had several problems
    > solved!
    >
    > They just weren't too thrilled with Philip's long list of questions!  We are
    > not empolyees of MS you know!

    Not even MVPs? ;)

    Ant, Jan 10, 2010
  11. On Thu, 7 Jan 2010 16:27:07 -0600, "Richard"
    <> wrote:

    >As the other posters have indicated, there are no, or limited newsgroups for
    >Windows 7. However, there are many "forums" at Microsoft Answers. You'll
    >need a Live ID in order to post to them. A Live ID doesn't require setting
    >up an email account. A complete of list of the available forums can be found
    >at:
    >
    >http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/default.aspx
    >
    >There are numerous forums listed as well as instructions on how to sign up.
    >
    >I hope this helps.

    It's a sign of the times. Usenet is yesterday. We have Forums and
    other means now. Like Quicken's support forums, an example.

    No porn spam, no one telling you your an idiot because you should know
    how to do whatever, so on. I had the problem when I tried Ubuntu,
    every question I asked on usenet, the same person slammed me, very
    little help from anyone, that's why I stay with windows.

    Tony

    Anthony Lisanti, Jan 10, 2010
  12. Phillip

    R. C. White Guest

    Hi, Ant.

    > Not even MVPs? ;)

    Not even MVPs!!!

    MVPs are most definitely NOT Microsoft employees! We are just users - like
    you - who have spent a lot of time in places like these newsgroups trying to
    help other computer users. When Microsoft noticed that our answers have
    been helpful and correct - more often than not - they gave us the Most
    Valuable Professional award. Not for what they might tell us or ask us to
    do, but for what we've already done.

    And Microsoft doesn't let MVPs tell them what to do, either. :^{

    For more on MVPs, wee:
    About the MVP Award Program
    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/gp/aboutmvp

    RC
    --
    R. C. White, CPA
    San Marcos, TX

    Microsoft Windows MVP

    R. C. White, Jan 11, 2010
  13. Phillip

    Ophelia Guest

    "R. C. White" <> wrote in message
    > Hi, Ant.
    >
    >> Not even MVPs? ;)

    > Not even MVPs!!!
    >
    > MVPs are most definitely NOT Microsoft employees! We are just users -
    > like you - who have spent a lot of time in places like these newsgroups
    > trying to help other computer users. When Microsoft noticed that our
    > answers have been helpful and correct - more often than not - they gave us
    > the Most Valuable Professional award. Not for what they might tell us or
    > ask us to do, but for what we've already done.

    That is really good!! I had never heard of this. Good for you:)

    https://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/

    Ophelia, Jan 11, 2010
  14. Phillip

    Alsenor Guest