  1. I know no mail program comes with Win7 but is the current version of Windows
    Mail I have on Vista 64 Ultimate available as it fits my needs and I want to
    be able to transfer over my saved emails.
    David B. Mathews, Oct 29, 2009

  2. There's no officially supported way to use Vista's WinMail in Windows 7.
    That being said, some judicious googling should produce a completely
    unsupported solution.

    Alternately, Windows Live Mail is supported and available for free, and runs
    fine on Windows 7.

    --
    Charlie.
    http:/msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Oct 29, 2009

  3. David B. Mathews

    Fierce Guppy Guest

    > I know no mail program comes with Win7 but is the current version of
    > Windows Mail I have on Vista 64 Ultimate available as it fits my needs and
    > I want to be able to transfer over my saved emails.

    Download Windows Live Mail ( http://tinyurl.com/yflq2fk ) and transfer them
    into that.

    Tony.

    --
    Christchurch, New Zealand
    email: anthony,neville@paradise,net,nz

    __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4556 (20091029) __________

    http://www.eset.com
    Fierce Guppy, Oct 30, 2009
  4. David B. Mathews

    Devin Xavier Guest

    Try Windows Live Mail - It has replaced Windows Mail - seems to work quite
    good

    Devin Xavier, Oct 30, 2009
  5. I did that last night and I sure don't know what happened but it came out
    with writing from another country. I looked and it said English before I
    down loaded it and most is in English except under each account there are
    about 4 lines in some strange lang. I have deleted out the program twice
    and triple checked it and redownloaded it and it gets better each time but
    it is still a mess. Now I don't know what to do. Last time I used Revo
    Uninstaller on its highest settings and hope this will do the trick. Any
    ideas why it would install such a strange version? I used the Microsoft
    site.

    David B. Mathews, Oct 30, 2009
  6. Just a update. Using the highest setting for deleting reg. entries in Revo
    must have done it. I tried for the 4th time today and it was a success.
    ==============

    David B. Mathews, Oct 30, 2009
  7. David B. Mathews

    R. C. White Guest

    Hi, Tony.

    That tinyurl takes me to the Microsoft Download Center, which offers a
    version of WLM later than is offered at http://download.live.com. Is this
    later version ready for public release? Is it "official"?

    RC
    --
    R. C. White, CPA
    San Marcos, TX

    Microsoft Windows MVP

    R. C. White, Oct 30, 2009
  8. David B. Mathews

    Fierce Guppy Guest

    > I did that last night and I sure don't know what happened but it came out
    > with writing from another country. I looked and it said English before I
    > down loaded it and most is in English except under each account there are
    > about 4 lines in some strange lang. I have deleted out the program twice
    > and triple checked it and redownloaded it and it gets better each time but
    > it is still a mess. Now I don't know what to do. Last time I used Revo
    > Uninstaller on its highest settings and hope this will do the trick. Any
    > ideas why it would install such a strange version? I used the Microsoft
    > site.

    None at all. With the exception of junk email content, there were no
    extraneous characters showing up anywhere else in my copy.
    Maybe you should look at your "Region and Language" settings in the control
    panel just to see if everything is as it should be.

    Tony.

    Fierce Guppy, Oct 30, 2009
  9. David B. Mathews

    Fierce Guppy Guest

    "R. C. White" <> wrote in message
    > Hi, Tony.
    >
    > That tinyurl takes me to the Microsoft Download Center, which offers a
    > version of WLM later than is offered at http://download.live.com. Is this
    > later version ready for public release? Is it "official"?

    Actually, that wasn't something I had noticed. There's no mention anywhere
    of it being a pre-release and the version of Windows Live Mail that gets
    downloaded and installed is 14.0.8089.0726, so no change there.

    Tony.

    Fierce Guppy, Oct 30, 2009
  10. David B. Mathews

    R. C. White Guest

    Hi, Tony.

    Yes, after posting that, I took another look. It's version 14.0.8092.0805
    of the SETUP file wlsetup-web.exe, not of WLMail. I clicked on Download,
    but when it eventually got to the Windows Live Essentials page, it said I
    already had the latest WLMail.

    Sorry for the false alarm. :^{

    And thanks for leading me to the Microsoft Download Center. Somehow I had
    never found that.

    RC
    --
    R. C. White, CPA
    San Marcos, TX

    Microsoft Windows MVP

    R. C. White, Oct 30, 2009
  11. Windows Mail, from Vista, does work in Windows 7. I have been using it since
    January. This reply is composed within Windows Mail.

    Note though that I only use it for these newsgroups. For my email I use
    Windows Live Mail.

    --

    Richard Urban
    Microsoft MVP