Windows 7 losing IIS settings

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Vincent, Aug 20, 2009.

  1. Vincent

    Vincent Guest

    Hi,

    I am using Windows 7 Ultimate edition.
    IIS settings seem to vanish.

    I am developing a website (Asp.Net in Visual Studio 2008).

    I can publish to it and I went through all the settings so that it was
    working fine.
    I came in the next day and it had stopped working.

    I only did two things that I can think might be involved.
    1) I shut my machine down over night.
    2) I publish from Visual Studio which overwrites the files.

    The settings it loses are the "Default Document", the "Directory Browsing"
    and the "Authentication" (I have noticed these ones but there may be more).

    Has anyone else seen this?
    Any suggestions as to how to work around or fix it?

    Thanks, Vin
    Vincent, Aug 20, 2009

  2. Vincent

    Vincent Finn Guest

    Forgot to mention but it is Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit.

    Vincent Finn, Aug 20, 2009

  3. "Vincent" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am using Windows 7 Ultimate edition.
    > IIS settings seem to vanish.
    >
    > I am developing a website (Asp.Net in Visual Studio 2008).
    >
    > I can publish to it and I went through all the settings so that it was
    > working fine.
    > I came in the next day and it had stopped working.
    >
    > I only did two things that I can think might be involved.
    > 1) I shut my machine down over night.
    > 2) I publish from Visual Studio which overwrites the files.
    >

    > The settings it loses are the "Default Document", the "Directory Browsing"
    > and the "Authentication" (I have noticed these ones but there may be
    > more).
    >
    > Has anyone else seen this?
    > Any suggestions as to how to work around or fix it?
    >
    > Thanks, Vin

    Unfortunately, this is a general 64-bit users newsgroup (XP Pro x64, Vista
    x64, 64-bit servers, as well as W7 64bit). Most of the W7 support is now on
    forums and not these newsgroups so you might try the forums, both public and
    TechNet. Here is a link to some IIS specific forums you should try:
    http://forums.iis.net/
    Colin Barnhorst, Aug 23, 2009