Windows 7 does not do a clean install

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Dujin Ayitoro, Jan 28, 2010.

1. I have an AMD Quad core with 8 GB RAM, Two Hard drives (640 GB, and one TB Hitachi). I have WIndows Vista Home Premium installed on the 640 GB, but am having a difficult time reinstalling WIndows 7 Ultimate on either the 640 GB or the 1TB.
    After the installation gets to the "Expanding files" section and on to completing the installation, the machine reboots but all I see is a blank screen and am forced to start the process over again.
    SOmetimes after so much oercentage of expanding files I get an error code:0x800700003.

Does anyone understand this problem?

Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice
    A Fast VBScript String Class for ASP Pages
    http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorial...1-c0c00fcb26e5/a-fast-vbscript-string-cl.aspx
    Dujin Ayitoro, Jan 28, 2010
    1. Advertising

2. Try reducing your RAM to 2GB while installing.

On 28/01/2010 01:21, Dujin Ayitoro wrote:
    > I have an AMD Quad core with 8 GB RAM, Two Hard drives (640 GB, and one TB Hitachi). I have WIndows Vista Home Premium installed on the 640 GB, but am having a difficult time reinstalling WIndows 7 Ultimate on either the 640 GB or the 1TB.
    > After the installation gets to the "Expanding files" section and on to completing the installation, the machine reboots but all I see is a blank screen and am forced to start the process over again.
    > SOmetimes after so much oercentage of expanding files I get an error code:0x800700003.
    >
    > Does anyone understand this problem?
    >
    >
    > Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice
    > A Fast VBScript String Class for ASP Pages
    > http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorial...1-c0c00fcb26e5/a-fast-vbscript-string-cl.aspx
    Dominic Payer, Jan 28, 2010
    1. Advertising

3. Dujin Ayitoro

noaman Guest

On Jan 28, 6:21 am, Dujin Ayitoro wrote:
    > I have an AMD Quad core with 8 GB RAM, Two Hard drives (640 GB, and one TB Hitachi). I have WIndows Vista Home Premium installed on the 640 GB, but am having a difficult time reinstalling WIndows 7 Ultimate on either the 640 GB or the 1TB.
    >  After the installation gets to the "Expanding files" section and on to completing the installation, the machine reboots but all I see is a blank screen and am forced to start the process over again.
    > SOmetimes after so much oercentage of expanding files I get an error code:0x800700003.
    >
    > Does anyone understand this problem?
    >
    > Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice
    > A Fast VBScript String Class for ASP Pageshttp://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/cfd03155-0048-4c2f-b9c1-c...

i knew it did not install your hard disk drivers for this u have to
    format the C: drive or the drive on which u want to install windows7
    should be formatted by windows7 tool......i think the problem may be
    solved
    noaman, Jan 28, 2010
    1. Advertising