    put an Index.htm file as sole file in the disc's root
    folder ?

    Any information much appreciated.
    Ara, Feb 6, 2012

  2. Ara

    Dave Doe Guest

    In article <jgpgnk$9f4$>, , Ara
    says...

    > When a data DVD or data CD is inserted into a Windows 7
    > laptop, does by default it try to Autorun all the files
    > it sees in the disc's root folder ?
    >
    > Is there any simply way to disable this Autorun ?
    >
    > Does an Option window pop up, asking how the user would
    > prefer to open the disc? Like 'Open with File Manager'?
    >
    > If this is problematic, would a workaround be to simply
    > put an Index.htm file as sole file in the disc's root
    > folder ?
    >
    > Any information much appreciated.

    Start, Control Panel, Autoplay - check the options there.

    Otherwise, should you want perhaps more power - install the 'GodMode'
    icon to your desktop - create a new icon on the desktop, right-click and
    in the properties put
    GodMode.{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C}

    That should create a GodMode icon on your desktop, and in there, there's
    options under the AutoPlay section.

    --
    Duncan.
    Dave Doe, Feb 7, 2012

  3. On Tue, 7 Feb 2012 13:00:42 +1300, Dave Doe <> wrote:

    >In article <jgpgnk$9f4$>, , Ara
    >says...
    >>
    >> When a data DVD or data CD is inserted into a Windows 7
    >> laptop, does by default it try to Autorun all the files
    >> it sees in the disc's root folder ?
    >>
    >> Is there any simply way to disable this Autorun ?
    >>
    >> Does an Option window pop up, asking how the user would
    >> prefer to open the disc? Like 'Open with File Manager'?
    >>
    >> If this is problematic, would a workaround be to simply
    >> put an Index.htm file as sole file in the disc's root
    >> folder ?
    >>
    >> Any information much appreciated.
    >>

    >Start, Control Panel, Autoplay - check the options there.
    >
    >Otherwise, should you want perhaps more power - install the 'GodMode'
    >icon to your desktop - create a new icon on the desktop, right-click and
    >in the properties put
    >GodMode.{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C}
    >
    >That should create a GodMode icon on your desktop, and in there, there's
    >options under the AutoPlay section.

    No go get XPANTISPY works on all OSS

    xpantispy.org then select English

    Easy to use lots of features and No registry hack, plus you can run it
    again and turn the on or off..

    Kill a lot of MS spyware also.
    Frank Williams, Feb 7, 2012
  4. Ara

    Ara Guest

    Excellent, many thanks gentlemen.
    Ara, Feb 7, 2012
  5. On Tue, 07 Feb 2012 23:37:34 +1300, EMB <> wrote:

    >On 7/02/2012 2:01 p.m., Frank Williams wrote:
    >>
    >> No go get XPANTISPY works on all OSS

    >The OP was talking about a solution for Windows, not for OSS Woger.

    What a Idiot you are, as you never used XPANTISPY you just don't have
    a clue as usual..

    THIS IS A WINDOWS PROGRAM.
    Frank Williams, Feb 8, 2012
  6. Ara

    David Empson Guest

    Crash McBash <> wrote:

    > On Wed, 08 Feb 2012 21:37:44 +1300, EMB <> wrote:

    > >> What a Idiot you are, as you never used XPANTISPY you just don't have
    > >> a clue as usual..
    > >>
    > >> THIS IS A WINDOWS PROGRAM.

    > >YOU said.... just up there ^^^ that it for all OSS.

    > Er, EMB, this is Roger. He didn't get where he is today by
    > understanding your point....

    I was going to write a "whoosh" post explaining the point. What the
    hell, I'm bored...

    Roger - OSS is an abbreviation for "Open Source Software". Your first
    post appears to be suggesting software that runs on all variants of
    Linux (and possibly other open source operating systems), when the
    original poster had a problem with Windows 7, which is definitely not
    Open Source Software.

    If you meant "all Operating Systems" then you should abbreviate that
    "all OSes", not "all OSS". In any case, that would also be wrong,
    because this software doesn't run on all operating systems, just on
    recent versions of Windows.

    I'm amused by this product name, which I read as "X PANTI SPY" when I
    first saw Roger's post (as did my girlfriend). The correct punctuation
    and capitalisation is "xp-AntiSpy".

    --
    David Empson
    David Empson, Feb 8, 2012
  7. On Wed, 08 Feb 2012 21:58:33 +1300, Crash McBash
    <> wrote:

    >On Wed, 08 Feb 2012 21:37:44 +1300, EMB <> wrote:

    >>> What a Idiot you are, as you never used XPANTISPY you just don't have
    >>> a clue as usual..
    >>>
    >>> THIS IS A WINDOWS PROGRAM.

    >>YOU said.... just up there ^^^ that it for all OSS.

    >Er, EMB, this is Roger. He didn't get where he is today by
    >understanding your point....

    No this is just a very sick person that just picks on all my posts..
    Frank Williams, Feb 9, 2012
  8. On Wed, 8 Feb 2012 22:34:54 +1300, (David Empson)
    wrote:

    >Crash McBash <> wrote:

    >> >YOU said.... just up there ^^^ that it for all OSS.

    >> Er, EMB, this is Roger. He didn't get where he is today by
    >> understanding your point....

    >I was going to write a "whoosh" post explaining the point. What the
    >hell, I'm bored...
    >
    >Roger - OSS is an abbreviation for "Open Source Software". Your first
    >post appears to be suggesting software that runs on all variants of
    >Linux (and possibly other open source operating systems), when the
    >original poster had a problem with Windows 7, which is definitely not
    >Open Source Software.
    >
    >If you meant "all Operating Systems" then you should abbreviate that
    >"all OSes", not "all OSS". In any case, that would also be wrong,
    >because this software doesn't run on all operating systems, just on
    >recent versions of Windows.

    No I meant OS's its just the dick head that has a Mental problem.

    Frank Williams, Feb 9, 2012