    Any thoughts?

    Thanks in advance,
    Stuart Montgomery
    Stuart Montgomery, Feb 18, 2010

  2. Stuart Montgomery

    James Kosin Guest

    On 2/17/2010 8:12 PM, Stuart Montgomery wrote:
    > Hello,

    <<--snip-->>

    > I hope my description of the problem is clear.
    >
    > Any thoughts?
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    > Stuart Montgomery

    Stuart,

    Brush up on the new networking features of Windows 7.
    You probably need to open up the trust between your computers on the
    network. But, I wouldn't do it without making sure your router or
    firewall to the internet is secure first.

    Network and Sharing Center is the place to start.

    James
    James Kosin, Feb 18, 2010

  3. Stuart Montgomery

    The Sizzler Guest

    "Ghod Dhammit" wrote:

    > Do you have the printer driver installed on that machine, for that printer?

    What a stupid question? How did you get to be such an idiot?
    The Sizzler, Feb 19, 2010
  4. "Stuart Montgomery" <> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > I have a usb printer attached directly to a brand new windows 7 desktop.
    > I have another desktop that uses my wireless network to access the shared
    > printer. this desktop also uses windows 7. I have a windows vista 64 bit
    > laptop that also uses the wireless network. everything prints fine from
    > the vista laptop and the desktop that is directly connected to the
    > printer. unfortunately, the other windows 7 desktop thinks the printer is
    > offline. I have tried removing the printer from the "remote" desktop and
    > reinstalling using the homegroup feature. This has not fixed the problem.
    > By the way, before purchasing the new windows 7 desktop I had the usb
    > printer connected to a windows xp computer and never had a problem sharing
    > the printer with the other windows 7 desktop.
    >
    > I hope my description of the problem is clear.
    >
    > Any thoughts?
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    > Stuart Montgomery

    Why don't you connect the printer by Cat-5 cable to the router? Most
    printers have a Cat-5 connector. Reinstall your printer software and
    indicate Network Printer. Then you eliminate a bunch of problems.
    Charles W Davis, Feb 27, 2010