    Am I the only weird one or are there others. I tried 7 rc and wasnt keen on
    it but did get the final on releases day. Finally today went back to Vista.
    Just couldnt get to like Windows 7. Anyone else found they preferred Vista

    trueone, Nov 15, 2009

  2. trueone

    Mary Hanna Guest

    On Sun, 15 Nov 2009 17:18:10 +1300, "trueone" <> wrote:

    >Am I the only weird one or are there others. I tried 7 rc and wasnt keen on
    >it but did get the final on releases day. Finally today went back to Vista.
    >Just couldnt get to like Windows 7. Anyone else found they preferred Vista

    Pull the other one, as your post is totally crap.

    Mary Hanna, Nov 15, 2009

  3. trueone

    trueone Guest

    "Mary Hanna" <> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 15 Nov 2009 17:18:10 +1300, "trueone" <> wrote:

    snip

    > Pull the other one, as your post is totally crap.

    Sorry to dissapoint you roger. I dont want to start a flame war, I was just
    wondering if anyone else preferred Vista over Windows 7 like me. I truly
    have gone back.

    trueone, Nov 15, 2009
  4. trueone

    impossible Guest

    "trueone" <> wrote in message

    > "Mary Hanna" <> wrote in message
    >> On Sun, 15 Nov 2009 17:18:10 +1300, "trueone" <>
    >> wrote:

    > snip
    >>
    >> Pull the other one, as your post is totally crap.

    > Sorry to dissapoint you roger. I dont want to start a flame war, I was
    > just wondering if anyone else preferred Vista over Windows 7 like me. I
    > truly have gone back.

    Why?

    impossible, Nov 15, 2009
  5. trueone

    trueone Guest

    "impossible" <> wrote in message

    > "trueone" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Mary Hanna" <> wrote in message
    >>> On Sun, 15 Nov 2009 17:18:10 +1300, "trueone" <>
    >>> wrote:

    >> snip
    >>>
    >>> Pull the other one, as your post is totally crap.

    >> Sorry to dissapoint you roger. I dont want to start a flame war, I was
    >> just wondering if anyone else preferred Vista over Windows 7 like me. I
    >> truly have gone back.

    > Why?

    I dont like the new task bar, the new media player, the lack of email
    program. photo gallery. the snap to feature. I know you can download
    different ones from the internet and disable snap to etc. Really its just a
    combination of things I dont like rather than any particular thing. I like
    look and feel of Vista better overall. I also found no difference in start
    up or shut down times but those arent a problem anyway.

    trueone, Nov 15, 2009
  6. trueone

    EMB Guest

    trueone wrote:

    > Sorry to dissapoint you roger. I dont want to start a flame war, I was
    > just wondering if anyone else preferred Vista over Windows 7 like me. I
    > truly have gone back.

    With all due respect, I think you're completely off your trolley.

    EMB, Nov 15, 2009
  7. trueone

    trueone Guest

    "EMB" <> wrote in message news:hdo5jv$kjq$...
    > trueone wrote:
    >
    >> Sorry to dissapoint you roger. I dont want to start a flame war, I was
    >> just wondering if anyone else preferred Vista over Windows 7 like me. I
    >> truly have gone back.

    > With all due respect, I think you're completely off your trolley.

    lol. you are not the first to say that. Just dont say i'm as bad as woger.

    trueone, Nov 15, 2009
  8. trueone

    EMB Guest

    trueone wrote:

    > "EMB" <> wrote in message news:hdo5jv$kjq$...
    >> trueone wrote:
    >>
    >>> Sorry to dissapoint you roger. I dont want to start a flame war, I
    >>> was just wondering if anyone else preferred Vista over Windows 7 like
    >>> me. I truly have gone back.

    >> With all due respect, I think you're completely off your trolley.

    > lol. you are not the first to say that. Just dont say i'm as bad as woger.

    You've justified your decision in another post which proves you know
    you're not exactly normal so there is no way you're in the same category
    as woger.

    EMB, Nov 15, 2009
  9. trueone

    Biggles Guest

    On Sun, 15 Nov 2009 18:49:27 +1300, trueone wrote:

    >> Why?

    > I dont like the new task bar, the new media player, the lack of email
    > program. photo gallery. the snap to feature. I know you can download
    > different ones from the internet and disable snap to etc. Really its
    > just a combination of things I dont like rather than any particular
    > thing. I like look and feel of Vista better overall. I also found no
    > difference in start up or shut down times but those arent a problem
    > anyway.

    You did realize that the email photo stuff programs still exists ...if
    folks wanted it they just DL'd t from the microsft web site ...

    Less eye candy means it will run on lesser hardware ... you cant have it
    both ways ...

    Cheers..

    Biggles, Nov 15, 2009
  10. trueone <> wrote:

    > "EMB" <> wrote in message news:hdo5jv$kjq$...
    >> trueone wrote:
    >>
    >>> Sorry to dissapoint you roger. I dont want to start a flame war, I was
    >>> just wondering if anyone else preferred Vista over Windows 7 like me. I
    >>> truly have gone back.

    >> With all due respect, I think you're completely off your trolley.

    > lol. you are not the first to say that. Just dont say i'm as bad as woger.

    Wollerskate != Twolley

    --
    - Nicolaas

    Nicolaas Hawkins, Nov 15, 2009
  11. trueone

    trueone Guest

    "Biggles" <> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 15 Nov 2009 18:49:27 +1300, trueone wrote:
    >

    >>> Why?

    >> I dont like the new task bar, the new media player, the lack of email
    >> program. photo gallery. the snap to feature. I know you can download
    >> different ones from the internet and disable snap to etc. Really its
    >> just a combination of things I dont like rather than any particular
    >> thing. I like look and feel of Vista better overall. I also found no
    >> difference in start up or shut down times but those arent a problem
    >> anyway.

    > You did realize that the email photo stuff programs still exists ...if
    > folks wanted it they just DL'd t from the microsft web site ...
    >
    > Less eye candy means it will run on lesser hardware ... you cant have it
    > both ways ...
    >
    > Cheers..

    Yeah as I said above I know most can be downloaded. I dont like windows
    live mail. I know you cant have both ways either and it is not just the eye
    candy either. Just like Vista better overall. Cheers

    trueone, Nov 15, 2009
  12. trueone

    Richard Guest

    trueone wrote:
    > Am I the only weird one or are there others. I tried 7 rc and wasnt
    > keen on it but did get the final on releases day. Finally today went
    > back to Vista. Just couldnt get to like Windows 7. Anyone else found
    > they preferred Vista

    I didnt like the new taskbar to start with, but you can change it to
    have names on it so I dont have to play hunt the icon to find things.

    At least photoshop and illustrator have sensible icons, the rest take
    too long to recognize, but with the names back its all good.

    Otherwise all the other improvments are great additions IMO, particually
    a new folder button when using windows explorer. Windows up and down and
    left/right are something I am using a lot as well. Already I miss
    dragging windows from maximized on one screen to maximized on another
    when using a friends vista machine.

    Richard, Nov 16, 2009
  13. trueone

    thingy Guest

    On Nov 15, 5:18 pm, "trueone" <> wrote:
    > Am I the only weird one or are there others.  I tried 7 rc and wasnt keen on
    > it but did get the final on releases day.  Finally today went back to Vista.
    > Just couldnt get to like Windows 7.  Anyone else found they preferred Vista

    Nope....Im still on Vista x 2 but Ive preferred the w7 trial
    setups....I might upgrade my laptop, but what's making me not bother
    is the cost, at least $250 is plain silly.

    regards

    Thing

    thingy, Nov 16, 2009
  14. I caught a glimpse of "trueone" <> on Sun, 15 Nov
    2009 17:18:10 +1300, writing in nz.comp:

    >Am I the only weird one or are there others. I tried 7 rc and wasnt keen on
    >it but did get the final on releases day. Finally today went back to Vista.
    >Just couldnt get to like Windows 7. Anyone else found they preferred Vista

    "trueone" Re Your: "Just couldnt get to like Windows 7".
    Windows 7 has only been out for virtually 5 minutes?

    I never tried Vista so I recently left WinXP Pro and went to a new
    computer with Windows 7 pre-installed on C: drive.

    I created partitions D: & E: so I could install my usual programmes on
    D: with Music and Backups going to E:.

    My usual programmes, Eudora for email, Agent for newsgroups and Opera as
    a browser, all three work very well under Windows 7. As does, WinAmp. MS
    Money 2004 and the various security programmes I use.

    So I'm ahead so far, but I don't like the appearance of the startup
    screen and access to the various programmes. So I'm patient enough to
    gradually change the appearance to suit myself.

    As an added incentive my wife who isn't into computers agreed to our
    purchase of a new computer with Windows 7 so I won't be reverting to
    WinXP Pro. for obvious reasons. ;-)

    I've re-installed Windows 7 once already and a second re-installation is
    soon coming up.
    --

    Erik

    Erik Vastmasd, Nov 16, 2009
  15. trueone

    EMB Guest

    geoff wrote:

    > Only thing missing is Classic Windows start button menu scheme/themee. Or
    > did I miss it ?

    It's missing but fixable.

    http://www.csmenu.com/

    EMB, Nov 17, 2009