    wireless router using IP address, but IE 9 does not let me to access
    it. I need access it to admin the functions of router.

    any information is great appreciated,

    iccsi, Jul 1, 2011

  2. iccsi

    Carlos Guest

    Carlos, Jul 1, 2011

  3. iccsi

    Carlos Guest

    Hi,
    Click on the wireles icon on your systray and connect to the SSID of
    your router.
    If you don't know what an SSID is, it is about time you read the
    manual of your router.
    When doing so, take note of the login name and default password.
    That way you will be able to configure it.
    The easiest way to configure a router for the first time is by
    plugging it via Ethernet to your computer.
    Carlos

    Carlos, Jul 1, 2011
  4. iccsi

    iccsi Guest

    Thanks for the message,
    I tried it, but I still cannot access the router using IE 9.
    Thanks again,

    iccsi, Jul 2, 2011
  5. iccsi

    bob Guest

    Can you access the router using a different browser, such as IE8, firefox,
    chrome, or opera ?

    bob, Jul 2, 2011
  6. iccsi

    Zaidy036 Guest

    Carlos <> wrote:
    > On 1 jul, 15:22, iccsi <> wrote:
    >> I recently purchased a Windows 7 machine and tried to access my
    >> wireless router using IP address, but IE 9 does not let me to access
    >> it. I need access it to admin the functions of router.
    >>
    >> any information is great appreciated,

    Usually 198.162.0.1

    Zaidy036, Jul 2, 2011
  7. You can only connect initially through a browser if your router is
    connected to your PC by wire. You need to know the router's IP address:
    the default address depends on its manufacturer but may have been changed.

    If you have a wireless connection, do as Carlos said and right click on
    the systray network icon and select your SSID (or hidden network if the
    SSID is not broadcast). You will need to know the wireless connection
    password (and SSID if it is not broadcast).

    Dominic Payer, Jul 2, 2011
  8. iccsi

    XS11E Guest

    Zaidy036 <> wrote:

    > Carlos <> wrote:
    >> On 1 jul, 15:22, iccsi <> wrote:
    >>> I recently purchased a Windows 7 machine and tried to access my
    >>> wireless router using IP address, but IE 9 does not let me to
    >>> access it. I need access it to admin the functions of router.
    >>>
    >>> any information is great appreciated,

    > Usually 198.162.0.1

    To OP: this is often provided on a label on the bottom of the router.

    The Usenet Improvement Project:

    XS11E, Jul 2, 2011
  9. iccsi

    sneekez Guest

    192.168.0.1

    sneekez, Jul 2, 2011
  10. iccsi

    iccsi Guest

    thanks dfor helping and informaiton.
    I can access the network using wired or wireless, but I can not access
    admin page using the IP address.

    Thanks again,

    iccsi, Jul 3, 2011
  11. iccsi

    Kue2 Guest

    try using
    192.168.1.1 or 192.168.2.1

    Kue2, Jul 3, 2011
  12. iccsi

    Drew Guest

    On 7/3/2011 10:33 AM, Jeff Zeitlin wrote:
    > On Sat, 2 Jul 2011 01:58:17 +0000 (UTC), Zaidy036
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> Carlos<> wrote:

    >> Usually 198.162.0.1

    > No, it will usually be 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1 - but check your
    > documentation.

    I have also seen 192.168.2.1 as well as others previously mentioned. I
    personally do not have any problem accessing mine with ie9.

    Drew, Jul 3, 2011
  13. On Jul 3, 7:00 pm, Drew <> wrote:
    > On 7/3/2011 10:33 AM, Jeff Zeitlin wrote:
    >
    > > On Sat, 2 Jul 2011 01:58:17 +0000 (UTC), Zaidy036
    > > <>  wrote:

    > >> Usually 198.162.0.1

    > > No, it will usually be 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1 - but check your
    > > documentation.

    > I have also seen 192.168.2.1 as well as others previously mentioned. I
    > personally do not have any problem accessing mine with ie9.

    Maybe IE is mistaking the router adddress for a barred site - or
    Windows or a security product is - or the router is rejecting
    connections to its admin function from an unfamiliar machine.

    I have a wireless-to-cell router provided for the British cell network
    called 3, and it's been pre-configured, I suppose, so that I can put
    in "http://3.home/" as a web address and I'm looking at the router's
    own login page - I assume this doesn't depend on anything outside my
    home. Alternative free-download Web browsers that I like to use
    include Firefox and Opera - although Opera doesn't present the router
    admin correctly. Opera tend to insist in such cases that it's the web
    page that's wrong; I'm not qualified to disagree.

    Robert Carnegie, Jul 3, 2011
  14. iccsi

    Drew Guest

    On 7/1/2011 4:01 PM, iccsi wrote:
    > Thanks for the message,
    > I tried it, but I still cannot access the router using IE 9.
    > Thanks again,
    >

    > On Jul 1, 6:09 pm, Carlos<> wrote:
    >> Hi,
    >> Click on the wireles icon on your systray and connect to the SSID of
    >> your router.
    >> If you don't know what an SSID is, it is about time you read the
    >> manual of your router.
    >> When doing so, take note of the login name and default password.
    >> That way you will be able to configure it.
    >> The easiest way to configure a router for the first time is by
    >> plugging it via Ethernet to your computer.
    >> Carlos
    >>
    >> On 1 jul, 15:22, iccsi<> wrote:
    >>

    >>> I recently purchased a Windows 7 machine and tried to access my
    >>> wireless router using IP address, but IE 9 does not let me to access
    >>> it. I need access it to admin the functions of router.

    >>> any information is great appreciated,- Hide quoted text -

    I guess the BIG question is "what brand of router is it?"

    Drew, Jul 3, 2011
  15. iccsi

    XS11E Guest

    XS11E, Jul 4, 2011
  16. iccsi

    barb bowman Guest

    1. did you specifically try using wired ethernet as opposed to a wireless
    connection?

    2. what is the brand and model of your router?

    3. did you ever change the default SSID and password for this router (if you
    didn't, you might actually be trying to access someone else's router).

    4. What exact error do you see when you try with IE 9?

    Please answer all 4 questions.

    On Fri, 1 Jul 2011 16:01:29 -0700 (PDT), iccsi <> wrote:

    >I tried it, but I still cannot access the router using IE 9

    Barb Bowman
    MS-MVP
    http://www.digitalmediaphile.com
    http://digitalmediaphile.wordpress.com