Windows 7 70-680 Exam

Discussion in 'MCTS' started by Daniel C. Harrison, Jul 13, 2009.

  1. Hello,

    I am logged on the Prometric.com site right now. I wanted to take my Windows
    7 exam which is the 70-680 but I can not find it on the web site list for
    Microsoft certifications.

    I just passed my Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician (MCDST) this
    Jul 11, 2009 and also have my MCTS: Vista, configuration as well as my MCP
    (Windows XP).

    Can anyone provide me with the information needed to take this exam.

    Also, I might want to start a little study group to take and pass all of the
    Windows 7 exams that are coming out and or that is already out listed below:

    When you pass Exam 70-680: TS: Windows 7, Configuring, you complete the
    requirements for the following certification(s):
    MCTS: Windows 7, Configuration
    Exam 70-680: TS: Windows 7, Configuring: counts as credit toward the
    following certification(s):
    MCITP: Enterprise Administrator
    MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator 7
    MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician 7

    Thank you,

    Daniel C. Harrison - IT Profressional - !!Anit nothing to it but to do it
    baby!!

    Daniel C. Harrison, Jul 13, 2009

  2. "Daniel C. Harrison" <Daniel C. > wrote in
    message news:...
    > Hello,
    >
    > I am logged on the Prometric.com site right now. I wanted to take my
    > Windows
    > 7 exam which is the 70-680 but I can not find it on the web site list for
    > Microsoft certifications.

    The Windows 7 exam was available as a BETA exam. Whether it is still
    available, I do not know, but I tend to doubt it. If it is still available,
    you'll find it as 71-680 -- the 71-xxx series is used to designate beta
    exams.

    I note the Exam page at Microsoft states the exam was published on June 1,
    2009, but I suspect that's a misprint. Generally, MCTS product exams are not
    released until AFTER the release of the actual product. I would be
    exceptionally surprised if a product exam actually became available for
    public testing before the actual release of the product.

    Of course, since Prometric is the only testing organization for Microsoft,
    and the test is not listed -- that's pretty much the de facto status of the
    exam -- it's Not Available.

    --
    Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCITP:EA, MCDBA

    Lawrence Garvin [MVP], Jul 14, 2009

  3. "Jstewart79" wrote in message

    > On Tue, 14 Jul 2009 11:31:17 -0500, "Lawrence Garvin [MVP]"
    > <> wrote:

    >>"Daniel C. Harrison" <Daniel C. > wrote
    >>in
    >>message news:...

    >>> I am logged on the Prometric.com site right now. I wanted to take my
    >>> Windows
    >>> 7 exam which is the 70-680 but I can not find it on the web site list
    >>> for
    >>> Microsoft certifications.

    >>The Windows 7 exam was available as a BETA exam. Whether it is still
    >>available, I do not know, but I tend to doubt it. If it is still
    >>available,
    >>you'll find it as 71-680 -- the 71-xxx series is used to designate beta
    >>exams.
    >>
    >>I note the Exam page at Microsoft states the exam was published on June 1,
    >>2009, but I suspect that's a misprint. Generally, MCTS product exams are
    >>not
    >>released until AFTER the release of the actual product. I would be
    >>exceptionally surprised if a product exam actually became available for
    >>public testing before the actual release of the product.
    >>
    >>Of course, since Prometric is the only testing organization for Microsoft,
    >>and the test is not listed -- that's pretty much the de facto status of
    >>the
    >>exam -- it's Not Available.

    > Now available! Exam 70-680: TS: Windows 7, Configuring

    Yeah.. i saw that post on the blog archive also (after seeing it here
    first)...

    So that confirms the date in the webpage is not accurate, and while it may
    have been their *intent* that the exam be available -- we've confirmed from
    two different sources today that it's not. In my "resubscribe for a voucher"
    postback I pointed out that the 70-280 was actually not available from
    Prometric as of today.

    We'll see where that gets us. :)

    --
    Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCITP:EA, MCDBA

    Lawrence Garvin [MVP], Jul 15, 2009
  4. Daniel C. Harrison

    PS Guest

    A month late, but hopefully Daniel checks back..

    if you are a MCDST, then don't take the 680 or 685 exams.. instead, wait for
    the upgrade exam 70-682, which will achieve in one exam what you would get if
    you took both those exams. It is the same as a MCDST taking the 70-621
    Vista upgrade exam.. Save time & money, just take one test!

    Cheers,
    Piers

    PS, Aug 11, 2009
  5. Daniel C. Harrison

    MSR Guest

    Hi,

    Has the windows 7 682 upgrade exam been released yet? If not, when is it
    scheduled for release?

    Thanks

    MSR, Jan 13, 2010
  6. Due for Feb/March

    http://borntolearn.mslearn.net/2010/01/update-on-mcitp-enterprise-desktop-support-technician-7

    Stewart Campbell, Jan 22, 2010
  7. Daniel C. Harrison

    raine369 Guest

    That link no longer works, but I found this and can't remember how I got to
    it. 70-682 may be available this month.
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/certification/Windows7-skills.aspx#mcdst

    raine369, Mar 4, 2010