    2. How can I see it on the windows 7 - 64 bits pc?

    Thank a lot.

    Chris.

    §Chrissi§, Jan 13, 2010

  2. §Chrissi§

    §Chrissi§ Guest

    Thanks. The hidden box is checked and is dimmed. I cannot uncheck it in
    xp.
    Can you help me?

    §Chrissi§, Jan 15, 2010

  3. §Chrissi§

    Carlos Guest

    Hi,
    You need to take ownership of the folder. Only then you will be able to
    uncheck the hidden box.
    I'm at an XP machine right now so I can't walk you through the menues.
    It starts by right clicking the folder icon, choose Properties, Security tab.
    Press the button in the lower part. This will take you to the ownership part.
    And this is as far as my memory can go.
    Carlos

    Carlos, Jan 18, 2010
  4. §Chrissi§

    Carlos Guest

    Ok, back at home, Win 7 x64!
    The button in the lower part is "Advanced Options".
    Now click on the Owner tab and choose Edit. Click on your name and Accept as
    many times as necessary to take you back to Windows Explorer.
    Right click on the problematic folder and see if you can now change its
    properties.
    Carlos

    Carlos, Jan 18, 2010
  5. I had the same effect days ago,

    there must be some different mechanism,
    windows 7 mounts external (usb) drives (written by differen
    apps/different security desriptors).

    i guess Carlos commenzs work

    but it seems to me
    the mechanism are to keep in mind