windows 7 64bit

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Richard P, Feb 22, 2010.

  1. Richard P

    Richard P Guest

    On 22/02/2010 04:54, Bonnie wrote:
    > I recently had the blue screen of death 3 times in
    > 2 days.
    > it happened when two programs were "not responding"
    > and I shut the computer down manually.
    > when I rebooted, I got the blue screen.
    > I waited a bit for the programs to come back before
    > I shut down.
    > any ideas as to why this happened and what I can do
    > to stop it?
    > thanks,
    > bonnie

    What programs, what was the BSOD and some system spec's would be usefull.
    Richard P, Feb 22, 2010

  2. Richard P

    Drew Guest

    Computer system make, model, processor, ram amount, operating system (xp,vista windows 7) is it 32 bit or 64 bit Is there a graphics card or are there onboard graphics?, People cannot guess at these if they are to help. also did you look in event viewer for any clues? When you got the BSOD what stop error was it?
    "Bonnie" <> wrote in message news:u$...
    I was running "weather bug". I can't remember the second program.
    don't know what you mean by system specs.
    bonnie

    Bonnie, Feb 22, 2010
  4. Richard P

    Bonnie Guest

    Bonnie, Feb 22, 2010
  5. Richard P

    Anon Guest

    Bonnie wrote:
    > I was running "weather bug". I can't remember the second program.
    > don't know what you mean by system specs.
    > bonnie
    >
    > "Richard P" <
    > <mailto:>> wrote in message
    > On 22/02/2010 04:54, Bonnie wrote:
    > > I recently had the blue screen of death 3 times in
    > > 2 days.
    > > it happened when two programs were "not responding"
    > > and I shut the computer down manually.
    > > when I rebooted, I got the blue screen.
    > > I waited a bit for the programs to come back before
    > > I shut down.
    > > any ideas as to why this happened and what I can do
    > > to stop it?
    > > thanks,
    > > bonnie

    > What programs, what was the BSOD and some system spec's would be
    > usefull.

    Bonnie

    type Windows + R -> msinfo32.exe

    You will get all kinds of system info. Start with

    OS Name
    System Model
    System Type
    Processor