    Any help would be appreciated

    --
    Windows 7 is a revelation!

    Supernova99, Feb 15, 2010

  2. Supernova99

    Dennis Pack Guest

    Supernova99:
    Since the problem is present only with IE8-32bit the cause may be an
    add-on conflict. Go to All Programs/Accessories/System Tools/Internet
    Explorer (No Add-ons). If the problem is gone, in IE8-32bit go to manage
    add-ons to disable add-ons one at a time or in groups to isolate the
    conflicting add-on. Have a great day.
    --
    Dennis Pack
    Win-7 Enterprise x64, Win-7 Professional x64.

    __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4869 (20100215) __________

    http://www.eset.com

    Dennis Pack, Feb 15, 2010

  3. Supernova99

    Supernova99 Guest

    Hi Dennis
    sorry forgot to mention that I had already tried E8 with no addons
    It was exactly the same
    Hence the post as I have run out of ideas
    BTW
    I have also uninstalled and reinstalled IE8 32bit but it made no difference
    --
    Windows 7 is a revelation!

    Supernova99, Feb 15, 2010
  4. Supernova99

    RCan Guest

    check if that helps you :
    How to reinstall or repair Internet Explorer in Windows Vista/7 and Windows
    XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/318378

    Regards
    Ramazan

    RCan, Feb 15, 2010
  5. Supernova99

    RCan Guest

    if the KB hasn't helped here... last try from my side, can u try the same
    action with a different user on same machine ?

    Thanks
    Ramazan

    RCan, Feb 15, 2010
  6. Supernova99

    RCan Guest

    last here would be to attach an windows debugger to check which addon is
    producing this issue :-(
    Does it worked for an other user ?

    Regards
    Ramazan

    RCan, Feb 15, 2010
  7. You cannot "uninstall" IE8 in Win 7. You can hide it, but it's still
    there. So, when you "reinstall" IE8 it only makes it visible again.

    You would have to a clean install of Win 7 to get a new copy of IE8.

    Bobby Johnson, Feb 15, 2010
  8. Supernova99

    RCan Guest

    correct - but again did you had tried to run this as a separate user on same
    machine ?
    Just trying to point out if your "permanent" user defined IE settings
    (registry) is playing you a game here :-(
    Some app can has changed an string / key which is now causing issue. If that
    works with an other user that would confirm us this....

    Regards
    Ramazan

    RCan, Feb 15, 2010
  9. Supernova99

    Supernova99 Guest

    Supernova99, Feb 15, 2010
  10. Supernova99

    Dennis Pack Guest

    Supernova99:
    I don't have another possible solution. You may get additional help from
    "microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general" on this problem or possibly
    check with e-bay for possible conflicts.

    Dennis Pack, Feb 15, 2010
  11. How to reinstall or repair Internet Explorer in Windows Vista and
    Windows XP @ http://support.microsoft.com/kb/318378

    No Windows 7 solutions noted in the body of the article although the
    bottom of the page does claim it applies to Win 7.

    Bobby Johnson, Feb 15, 2010
  12. Supernova99

    Supernova99 Guest

    Supernova99, Feb 15, 2010
  13. Supernova99

    Supernova99 Guest

    Supernova99, Feb 15, 2010
  14. Supernova99

    Supernova99 Guest

    Hi RCan,
    OK I have logged on as a different user and there is no difference
    Still the same
    --
    Windows 7 is a revelation!

    Supernova99, Feb 15, 2010
  15. Supernova99

    Supernova99 Guest

    Hi Bobby,
    I have already removed and reinstalled IE8 32bit
    No difference
    --
    Windows 7 is a revelation!

    Supernova99, Feb 15, 2010
  16. Supernova99

    Supernova99 Guest

    OK I have tried again to uninstall IE8 rebooted etc
    I then downloaded the ltest IE8 and tried to install it
    file name IE8-WindowsVista-x64-ENU.exe
    I also tried to install the 32bit version
    IE8-WindowsVista-x86-ENU.exe
    however now I get this message..
    'Internet Explorer 8 is not supported on this operating system'
    Very odd!!

    --
    Windows 7 is a revelation!

    Supernova99, Feb 15, 2010
  17. Not strange. You claimed before you are running Windows 7 64-bit.
    Windows 7 is not Vista!

    You cannot "uninstall" IE8 in Win 7. You can hide it, but it's still
    there. So, when you "reinstall" IE8 it only makes it visible again.

    You would have to do a clean install of Win 7 to get a new copy of IE8.

    Bobby Johnson, Feb 16, 2010
  18. Supernova99

    Supernova99 Guest

    Thanks for the insight!!!
    I realise the IE8 downloads were vista but I am not able to download IE8 for
    Windows 7 as Microsoft do not publish them!
    I will put a support call in to Microsoft to get this resolved
    --
    Windows 7 is a revelation!

    Supernova99, Feb 16, 2010
  19. There is no seperate IE8 package for Windows 7. It's part of the
    Windows Image file of the installation disc. You can call 'til the cows
    come home but you'll be wasting your time!

    Bobby Johnson, Feb 16, 2010
  20. Go to Control Panel\Programs\Programs and Features\Turn Windows features
    on or off and turn off IE8.

    Then reboot and turn it back on again. That may reset it enough to work.

    Dominic Payer, Feb 16, 2010