    memory that is not in the memory support doc. for the motherboard?

    Thank you,
    David
    titus12, Feb 7, 2010

  2. titus12

    Sardine Guest

    titus12 wrote:
    > I am building a computer just to use Win7 64bit, fastest memory and the
    > Gigabyte GA H57 USB3 motherboard. Does it matter if you use a brand of
    > memory that is not in the memory support doc. for the motherboard?
    >
    > Thank you,
    > David

    David:
    I almost always ignore those lists. Just buy a brand and type that is
    popular or recommended by users you trust.

    I do not buy expensive memory, or really cheap memory. Never had any issues.

    Sardine
    Sardine, Feb 7, 2010

  3. Sometimes it is a problem, but you never know until you try. I had one
    motherboard that was very picky and I ended up purchasing RAM on the
    manufacturers list.

    My experience with Gigabyte though is they are pretty forgiving about
    the memory.

    Bobby Johnson, Feb 7, 2010
  4. titus12

    Carlos Guest

    Agreed.
    I have used 3 different gigabyte mobos and had no issues with memory brands.
    Kingston works fine for me.
    Carlos

    Carlos, Feb 7, 2010
  5. titus12

    Jeff Gaines Guest

    On 07/02/2010 in message <u1#> titus12
    wrote:

    >I am building a computer just to use Win7 64bit, fastest memory and the
    >Gigabyte GA H57 USB3 motherboard. Does it matter if you use a brand of
    >memory that is not in the memory support doc. for the motherboard?
    >
    >Thank you,
    >David

    If you buy the RAM from Crucial using their configurator they guarantee it
    will work.

    --
    Jeff Gaines Dorset UK
    All things being equal, fat people use more soap
    Jeff Gaines, Feb 9, 2010