    I have been in touch with Dell technical support and run their hardware
    diagnostics; there appears to be nothing with the hardware.

    Any ideas? What would cause the task manager to become unavailable

    =?Utf-8?B?SmFtZXM=?=, Aug 2, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?SmFtZXM=?=

    Jud Hendrix Guest

    On Wed, 2 Aug 2006 09:24:02 -0700, James <>
    wrote:

    Sounds like an application with a memory-leak. Sometimes it can take ages
    for the Task Manager to show-up, if your system is under full load (out of
    memory, and CPU at 100%).

    jud

    Jud Hendrix, Aug 2, 2006

  3. The machine has 2GB memory and the only applications running were IE and
    Outlook express. Probably waited 15 minutes until I turned the power off -
    something I am not keen on! It is a pity that Dell machines no longer have
    reset switches.

    =?Utf-8?B?SmFtZXM=?=, Aug 2, 2006
  4. Ive been using X64 for about a year now, the only thing that freezes it
    completly is Yahoo Messenger when a person is closing his web stream... no
    luck with Yahoo support.

    =?Utf-8?B?bG9zdHdvcmQ=?=, Aug 3, 2006
  5. =?Utf-8?B?SmFtZXM=?=

    Jud Hendrix Guest

    On Thu, 3 Aug 2006 07:40:02 -0700, lostword
    <> wrote:

    >Ive been using X64 for about a year now, the only thing that freezes it
    >completly is Yahoo Messenger when a person is closing his web stream... no
    >luck with Yahoo support.

    Mine had this weird problem yesterday with Premiere Pro 2, where I was
    scrubbing material, and then PPro hang, and the only way to kill it, was a
    hard-reset, because even after waiting for 15 minutes, Windows couldn't
    kill the task. Never had this happen on XP32. But, maybe the wind came from
    the right direction, and a little motor-bike past with the right amount of
    RF-sparks passed, and somebody in China at that moment typed an e-mail
    which started with "Hi", which made PPro hang.

    Will find out later if that was the case or not ;-)

    jud

    Jud Hendrix, Aug 3, 2006
  6. =?Utf-8?B?SmFtZXM=?=

    cat5 Guest

    adobe flash player on x64

    When I come to some web sites, they keep asking me to install adobe flash
    player. Mine computer is working smoothly at present. The question is:

    What should I do, install adobe player over the old macro flash player? or
    uninstalled macro first before install adobe? Would it be better performance
    to have adobe?

    TIA

    cat5, Aug 5, 2006
  7. Re: adobe flash player on x64