Windows 64 Bit XP running.

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Bob AZ, Oct 22, 2009.

  1. Bob  AZ

    Bob AZ Guest

    Hooray.

    Eveything worked almost perfectly. Using an Intel S5520SC board with
    Xeon 5200 processors. Sure makes my photo editing Photoshop Elements
    7.0 fast.

    The boot setup is a challenge. I have read the book several tmes to
    almost no avail. A simple explanantion would be great.

    One heatsink/fan was good and the other was screeching. No lube in the
    bearings or else the fan is so old the lubricant is dried out. Newegg
    sent another but it has the same problem. Screech Screech Screech.
    Ordered some new bearings from VXB.com. A tube of 10 bearings. Hope
    there are at least 6 good ones for I will replace the bearings in both
    fans and the spare I now have since Newegg did not want the bad one
    back.

    Used a HAF 392 I think is the case model number. Nice and roomy. Lots
    of space for everything. Will probably fill it up as time goes by.

    750 Watt Power Supply. 2each 300GB HDs, two CD/DVD drives and a USB
    floppy. Intel board will not support IDE so the floppy is external
    USB. Mounts right in the case and is secured with some silicone calk
    between the four feet and the mounting shelf from the HAF case.

    No special video card yet. Have several to try. Need to download the
    drivers for them.

    Any input appreciated

    Take care
    Bob AZ