    but when the Vista load screen comes up the screen flashes blue and reboots.
    I got it to boot up successfully once but when I restarted it did the same
    thing. Any suggestions?

    Johnny Jayhawk, Apr 22, 2008

  2. Johnny Jayhawk

    Carlos Guest

    Johnny,
    Start by unplugging all the hardware that is not essential for your OS to
    boot.
    Just leave the video card, hard disks, optical drive and give it a shot.
    If that doesn't work, start your install from scratch, with that minimal
    setup of hardware.
    Check your BIOS and make sure you are using the default settings, specially
    memory and processor.
    Leave only one memory stick present, if possible.
    Carlos

    Carlos, Apr 22, 2008

  3. You also might want to get the latest chipset driver for you mainboard just
    in case.
    During setup you will get the option to add additional drivers during the
    setup process.

    Newer drivers can help iron out certain bugs.
    I recall a time where I tried to install Windows XP Pro (x64) with the
    standard driver.
    It failed me during the next bootup. After I used the updated chipset driver
    of this mainboard I was able to finish the installtion without additional
    trouble.

    PaladinWxpX64, Apr 24, 2008
  4. if you have an additional hard drive in your system (ide or so) the boot
    order might confuse
    you may adjust it in your bios
    jk

    Juergen Kluth, Apr 25, 2008