windows 64 bit edition in amd turion64

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by =?Utf-8?B?ZmFsb21pcg==?=, Sep 22, 2005.

  1. does anyone know if the amd turion 64 processor supports the windows 64 bit
    edition or vice-versa?
    =?Utf-8?B?ZmFsb21pcg==?=, Sep 22, 2005

  2. Yes. My Acer Ferrari is running a Turion 64 and Windows Professional x64
    Edition quite nicely.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Sep 22, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?ZmFsb21pcg==?=

    NoNoBadDog! Guest

    "falomir" <> wrote in message
    > does anyone know if the amd turion 64 processor supports the windows 64
    > bit
    > edition or vice-versa?

    Windows XP Professional x64 Edition was developed using AMD64 processors;
    there is no better choice of processor when running Windows XP Professional
    x64 Edition. The Turion family of processors (ML-xx and MT-xx) are the
    latest mobile versions of the AMD Athlon64 processor.

    Yes, it will run just fine.

    Bobby.
    NoNoBadDog!, Sep 22, 2005
  4. great to hear that it does because I have an AMD turion equipped laptop..
    however I can't get the damn thing to boot! How do I make this boot-cd?
    do I burn the ISO on a DVD or CD or do I need to make an installation disc
    using my Nero software?

    Please help me solve this as I am not much of a techie..

    thanks

    =?Utf-8?B?YmFzdnJvb25sYW5k?=, Oct 1, 2005