Windows 2K Domain Server and XP Clients

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by Keith Chilton, Mar 15, 2007.

  1. I have a question about the GP offered by Windows 2000 Server. There are
    many settings that XP has in it's GP that are not found in win2k server, one
    of which is the Windows Firewall. I would like to upgrade our win2k server
    GP editor to include all those found in XP as well. I have researched it for
    about 30 mins now and thought maybe if somebody knew here that could help me
    save some time on it. I would definitely like to be able to manage all the
    settings for my XP users from my windows 2000 server PDC. Any help would be
    appreciated. It would also be nice to retain our current GP settings if this
    upgrade is possible.

    Thanks,
    Keith

    --
    Keith Chilton, MCP
    Data Services Technician

    messages of this kind, please advise us immediately. Opinions, conclusions
    and other information expressed in this message are not given or endorsed by
    my firm or employer unless otherwise indicated by an authorized
    representative independent of this message.

    Keith Chilton, Mar 15, 2007

  2. This may be the answer.
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/winxppro/maintain/mngwinxp.mspx#EWH

    Not sure if that is talking about Windows 2000 Server or Windows 2000
    Professional though when it mentions Windows 2000. hmmmmm

    Keith Chilton, Mar 15, 2007

  3. ok duh it's talking about windows 2000 server. I should have started reading
    at the beginning instead of the middle lol

    Keith Chilton, Mar 15, 2007
  4. lol. One of those days huh? :)

    --
    Michael D. Alligood
    MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,

    Michael D. Alligood, Mar 15, 2007
  5. Yep got one thing crossed off my list and added 3 more (literally) lol

    Keith Chilton, Mar 15, 2007