  1. Guest

    Hello I installed the microsoft virtual machine on my win7 64bit home premium. I have a intel DP965LT with no vt-d. Using a q6600 processor. When I try to run the demo version of 2012 server it complains that it is not a 64bit processor. Will this ever run on my pc? I have dual boot with centos 6. Would I be able to run 2012 server on a virtual machine under linux may be?any suggestions. I am just getting ready for the 2012 mcsa certification.

    , Sep 25, 2013

  2. If you upgrade to a business class of Windows 8.x, you get Hyper-V. Which
    supports 64-bit guest OSs.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://blogs.msmvps.com/russel

    Charlie Russel-MVP, Sep 29, 2013

  3. Note: This is true, of course, ONLY if your computer supports Hyper-V. Not
    all 64-bit consumer class machines do, especially older ones.

    Charlie Russel-MVP, Sep 29, 2013
  4. Guest

    I will try to run it on vmware may be that will work. I ve seen a few videos of people running 2012 on vmware.

    , Oct 8, 2013