    to use for study purposes only.
    Any suggestions on what I should do are welcomed! ....(keep it clean)

    TJ
    TJ, Jul 25, 2007

  2. TJ

    John R Guest

    "TJ" <> wrote in message
    news:%...
    > Question: Is simply having a domain controller (windows 2003) sufficient
    > for using to study with? I would like to set this up at home on a single
    > laptop to use for study purposes only.
    > Any suggestions on what I should do are welcomed! ....(keep it clean)
    >
    > TJ

    Although you could probably get by, I would recommend at least one client as
    well. You can use things like Virtual PC if you don't have the hardware
    available. While we don't know your current level of experience, you should
    be able to do most things with a single server. For MCSA, you don't get
    into a whole lot of replication stuff, or site link configuration, although
    if you have no experience with those you might consider a second server
    (again, Virtual PC can help with that).

    What you really need to prepare is based more on your current experience
    level.

    Good Luck to you

    John R
    John R, Jul 25, 2007

  3. TJ

    TJ Guest

    ok..that sounds good...I have plenty of experience setting up domains and
    server etc..
    I can set up virtual server like you said on the same laptop with my domain
    controller...thanks for the tip..
    I have, point in fact, a domain setup for our customers to test with that is
    outside the firewall and does have a virtual machine setup as the client on
    the same box......it's good to know I won't need to complex of a setup for
    this since 90% of the studying will be at home......
    if you ever get any other suggestion, let me know....

    thanks

    TJ

    TJ, Jul 25, 2007