  1. I cannot connect to linksys router web based sertup page (192.168.0.1)
    wireless G router

    what happened?
    =?Utf-8?B?a2V2aW4=?=, Nov 7, 2007

  2. =?Utf-8?B?a2V2aW4=?=

    Jim Guest

    "kevin" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I cannot connect to linksys router web based sertup page (192.168.0.1)
    > wireless G router
    >
    > what happened?

    That is good question whch is hard to answer from what little you posted.

    Are you trying from a laptop or desktop? Access from a laptop can be
    disabled.
    If you see the login page, have you entered the correct username and
    password?. Both of these items can be changed.
    Can you ping the router?

    If all else fails, you can reset the router to factory default
    configuration. You had better have a copy of the settings handy because it
    is hard to remember all of them.

    Jim
    Jim, Nov 7, 2007

  3. "Jim" wrote:

    > "kevin" <> wrote in message
    > >I cannot connect to linksys router web based sertup page (192.168.0.1)
    > > wireless G router
    > >
    > > what happened?

    > That is good question whch is hard to answer from what little you posted.
    >
    > Are you trying from a laptop or desktop? Access from a laptop can be
    > disabled.
    > If you see the login page, have you entered the correct username and
    > password?. Both of these items can be changed.
    > Can you ping the router?
    >
    > If all else fails, you can reset the router to factory default
    > configuration. You had better have a copy of the settings handy because it
    > is hard to remember all of them.
    >
    > Jim
    >

    > Hi and thanks for the help.

    I was able to access my router setup with 2000 server, but not with 2003.
    I don't even receive the log in window, it doesn't ask for an ID nor password.
    I just get an unauthorized window. I believe that it has something to do
    with the security set up on the 2003 server.
    and again thanks
    =?Utf-8?B?a2V2aW4=?=, Nov 8, 2007
  4. =?Utf-8?B?a2V2aW4=?=

    Jay Guest

    Can you connect when using a cable? Is the encryption set the same
    (WEP/WPA/WPA2)?

    Jay, Nov 11, 2007
  5. yes to both
    it's something like an "unsecure connection" I saw a warning like that once.
    and it's never came back. hardwired connection, open wireless network.
    and sure could use the solution.
    thanks

    =?Utf-8?B?a2V2aW4=?=, Nov 12, 2007
  6. =?Utf-8?B?a2V2aW4=?=

    Jay Guest

    How about ping, ipconfig and netstat, are they returning expected values?

    Jay, Nov 12, 2007