    some other bootable cd must be made for this version from the MSDN cd?

    I cannot find any other information or anyone else in my situation.
    Appreciate any help. Thanks

    =?Utf-8?B?Um9iIFNhdW5kZXJz?=, Oct 13, 2007

  2. There's a known issue with all of the x64 MSDN DVDs and so far as I know it
    still hasn't been solved. The only solution is to use the ISO image versions
    and burn a regular CD (or in the case of R2, pair of CDs).

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Oct 13, 2007

  3. Charlie,

    Thanks for the response. I actually figured this out, created the CD's from
    the images, but I am still stuck. For the record, I believe the problem is
    solved with the update that came out on 9/7 on the dvd you atleast now get
    the choice to install the x64 version but I get the same problem as below.

    After having made the cd's from the ISO images the installation process
    starts fine. When I get to the point to enter the CD key I run into a
    problem.

    The CD Keys that were distributed to us in the MSDN subscription are coming
    up "invalid" when I enter them at the required point during the installation
    process for the x64 version. I also tried entering the x32 key but that
    didnt work either. The other complaint I have is that I get no warm and
    fuzzy feeling or see anything distinctive about the installation process that
    shows I am actually installing the x64 version other then the initial cd boot
    menu screen. SO, now I can get to a point where a key is required, but I
    dont have a key that seems to work.

    =?Utf-8?B?Um9iIFNhdW5kZXJz?=, Oct 13, 2007
  4. That you'll have to discuss with MSDN. Mine work fine.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Oct 14, 2007