    Is there a current version of NAV that works with win 2003 server? I
    need an antivirus, are there quality alternatives to NAV?

    Thanks.
    tburk, Jul 11, 2007

  2. tburk

    John Holmes Guest

    tburk "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > Is there a current version of NAV that works with win 2003 server? I
    > need an antivirus, are there quality alternatives to NAV?
    >
    > Thanks.

    Get a copy of NAV CE, works fine here. As a matter of fact, it's the only
    good working NAV version.

    --
    Your mother was a lousy Elvis look-alike who lost her head in kinky sex
    clubs.
    John Holmes, Jul 11, 2007

  3. tburk wrote:
    > Is there a current version of NAV that works with win 2003 server? I
    > need an antivirus, are there quality alternatives to NAV?

    Any alternative would be better quality than NAV. Kaspersky comes to
    mind immediately, also there's Panda and Avast. Using Google will reveal
    a lot of information.
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Jul 11, 2007
  4. tburk

    Leythos Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > Is there a current version of NAV that works with win 2003 server? I
    > need an antivirus, are there quality alternatives to NAV?

    NAV has never been for servers.

    Symantec Corporate Edition for Workstations and Servers 10.2 is the
    latest version, does not use a lot of resources, protection is great,
    reports/monitoring is great. Purchase from www.cdw.com in units as low
    as 5 licenses.

    --
    Leythos - (remove 999 to email me)

    and put on his website: http://www.webservertalk.com/message1907860.html
    3rd link shows what he's exposed to children (the link I've include does
    not directly display his filth). You can find the same information by
    googling for 'PCBUTTS1' and 'exposed to kids'.
    Leythos, Jul 11, 2007
  5. tburk

    WhzzKdd Guest

    "tburk" <> wrote in message
    > Is there a current version of NAV that works with win 2003 server? I
    > need an antivirus, are there quality alternatives to NAV?
    >
    > Thanks.

    Yes, Leythos provided info on NAV. I use McAfee Enterprise on our servers
    (Novell and Windows W2K and 2003). It's been flawless, and like the Symantec
    Corporate, is much less hard on available resources than the retail version.
    The software on the server downloads the updates (checks every hour) and
    puts them on the server for the workstations to update from. Once it was all
    set up, I've never had to do anything except check regularly to be sure
    updates are occurring as scheduled.

    WhzzKdd, Jul 11, 2007
  6. tburk

    Plato Guest