Windows 2003 Installing a Windows Service + SQLEXPRESS 2005.

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by MrDom, Sep 26, 2005.

  1. MrDom

    MrDom Guest

    I have windows server 2003 without SP1.

    I have written an application in .NET, which I want to Install as
    Service.

    The service actually requires access to a SQL EXPRESS 2005, using
    integrated Authenciation.

    When I install the service , I find that my application does not seem
    to work or access SQLEXPRESS.

    The service does actually start up, and enters the running state, but
    thats about it.

    If Install the same program running as an EXE there is no problem it
    runs fine and can access the database.

    If I install the same service on a machine running WIN XP service
    pack2, + SQLEXPRESS 2005, same user permissions it appears to also run
    fine as a Service.

    Is there some kind of group policy thing in Windows 2003 that needs to
    be changed in order for this to work.

    Thanks
    MrDom, Sep 26, 2005