Windows 2003 certification upgrade training guide

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by Mark Scott, Jan 8, 2004.

  1. Mark Scott

    Mark Scott Guest

    I have started reading this guide and noticed that one of the questions is
    completely wrong: This has come from page 1-47 with answers on page 1-56
    (why not physical page numbers??)

    2. Which of the following is not a reason for defining sites in Active
    Directory?
    a. To control replication traffic
    b. To organize user accounts
    c. To make authentication more efficient
    d. To support a larger number of directory objects
    Answer = A, C

    Now A and C are obviously reasons for defining sites so a black mark there.

    Has anyone else found any major howlers?

    Other than that an excellent bok!

    Mark Scott, Jan 8, 2004

  2. Mark Scott

    Mark Scott Guest

    I have had a reply back from Microsoft PSS directing me to KB article
    830865

    Mark Scott, Jan 10, 2004

  3. Mark Scott

    Darth 2000 Guest

    Tsk tsk tsk to Microsoft.
    They can produce earth shattering, ground breaking, robust server software
    (mostly), but they can't publish a damn book..... and a training guide to
    the said software too!!
    You'd think that these mistakes wouldn't get past the proof-readers, but
    alas, Microsoft has supprised us yet again!

    ---------------
    Darth 2000 - MCNGP # 28
    Says: With all due credit, the software is great.... until we find out
    there's a gigabyte of hotfixes, patches, bandaids, rubberbands and service
    packs.... and a bit of spit and polish.

    Darth 2000, Jan 10, 2004
  4. Mark Scott

    Lazyadmin Guest

    Its a 1700+ page book. There are mistakes, but there are mistakes in the
    Sybex version, and almost every other tech book I have ever read. Think of
    it as a trick question :)

    Lazyadmin, Jan 12, 2004