    I’ve searched all over the Microsoft site with no luck

    Any help would be appreciated

    Cheers
    =?Utf-8?B?c2ltb24=?=, Aug 3, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?c2ltb24=?=

    Guest

    simon wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Does anyone know what the maximum size of a physical LUN connected to
    > Windows Server 2003 64bit edition is?
    >
    > For the 32bit version I know its 2TB.
    >
    > I’ve searched all over the Microsoft site with no luck
    >
    > Any help would be appreciated
    >
    > Cheers

    You need to clarify what you are looking for.

    LUN
    Last modified: Tuesday, June 15, 2004

    Short for logical unit number, a unique
    identifier used on a SCSI bus to distinguish
    between devices that share the same bus. SCSI is
    a parallel interface that allows up to 16
    devices to be connected along a single cable.
    The cable and the host adapter form the SCSI
    bus, and this operates independently of the rest
    of the computer. Each of the eight devices is
    given a unique address by the SCSI BIOS, ranging
    from 0 to 7 for an 8-bit bus or 0 to 15 for a
    16-bit bus. Devices that request I/O processes
    are called initiators. Targets are devices that
    perform operations requested by initiators. Each
    target can accommodate up to eight other
    devices, known as logical units, and each is
    assigned an LUN. Commands that are sent to the
    SCSI controller identify devices based on their
    LUNs.

    A LUN is a device number, not a quantity or size.
    , Aug 3, 2006