    all databases again. If is possbile what are recomendation for upgarde
    (issues, problems..etc.). Or I have to reinstall server from the beginig :(
    Thanx

    =?Utf-8?B?SmFzbWlu?=, Sep 13, 2005

  2. There is not upgrade path from Windows Server 2003 x86 to Windows Server
    2003 x64, clean install only, and you should have SQL Server SP4 to support
    SQL on x64.
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Sep 13, 2005

  3. You need to re-install from the beginning. The installation is not an
    upgrade, only a fresh install.

    You should, however, be able to cleanly shut down your database(s), and
    then, after the re-installation of SQL Server, import them back in to SQL
    Server. (I'm sorry, but I'm an Oracle DBA, not a SQL Server DBA, so I'm not
    sure of the exact sequence required. In Oracle, I'd simply "alter database
    backup controlfile to trace", and then recreate the control file after the
    re-installation. But I'm sure the SQL Server way is different.)

    My point is, the database should be OS agnostic.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Sep 13, 2005
  4. From Darrell Gorter:
    898042 Changes to SQL Server 2000 Service Pack 4 operating system support
    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=898042

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Sep 13, 2005