    --
    Spam trap: Replace NOD with ndo

    Warthog
    Warthog, May 14, 2004

  2. Warthog

    a Smith Guest

    Definitely, it should be able to work well with 128MB of ram, windows XP and
    2000 are more dependant on available memory than processor speed. XP needs
    256MB (or 192 at a stretch, it'll do a lot of disk swapping with 128) while
    2000 needs around 128MB to work well, maybe a little more than that if
    possible.

    "Warthog" <> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > I have a IBM Thinkpad 600 laptop, PII 266, 128MB RAM, 4GB HDD, DVD and i

    was

    a Smith, May 14, 2004

  3. Warthog

    Andy Guest

    "Warthog" <> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > I have a IBM Thinkpad 600 laptop, PII 266, 128MB RAM, 4GB HDD, DVD and i

    was
    > wondering if it would be fast enough to install & run Windows 2000 Pro ?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > --
    > Spam trap: Replace NOD with ndo
    >
    > Warthog

    nope. i've just reverted my p266 / 256mb RAM back to win98
    Andy, May 14, 2004
  4. Warthog

    Jim Berwick Guest

    "Warthog" <> wrote in

    > I have a IBM Thinkpad 600 laptop, PII 266, 128MB RAM, 4GB HDD, DVD and
    > i was wondering if it would be fast enough to install & run Windows
    > 2000 Pro ?

    Will it install? Yes. Will it run? Yes. Will you enjoy how fast it
    runs? I doubt it.
    Jim Berwick, May 14, 2004
  5. Warthog

    Brad Griffis Guest

    "Warthog" <> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > I have a IBM Thinkpad 600 laptop, PII 266, 128MB RAM, 4GB HDD, DVD and i

    was
    > wondering if it would be fast enough to install & run Windows 2000 Pro ?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > --
    > Spam trap: Replace NOD with ndo
    >
    > Warthog

    I've got a P2 233 MHz, 144 MB RAM, 4 GB HD Dell Inspiron 3200. I've had
    Windows 2000 Pro installed on it for 2 years and it runs fine! The
    performance is nearly the same as Win98 and the stability is light years
    better. I don't think it's crashed in the entire 2 years it's been on
    there.

    Brad
    Brad Griffis, May 14, 2004
  6. Warthog

    Trent© Guest

    On Fri, 14 May 2004 18:05:09 +0000 (UTC), "Warthog"
    <> wrote:

    >Hello,
    >
    >I have a IBM Thinkpad 600 laptop, PII 266, 128MB RAM, 4GB HDD, DVD and i was
    >wondering if it would be fast enough to install & run Windows 2000 Pro ?

    Should run fine.

    I'm running one on a K6-2 300 & 192 meg RAM...for quite a few years
    now. No problems at all.

    Have a nice week...

    Trent©

    Trent©, May 17, 2004
  7. Warthog

    JHEM Guest

    Warthog <> wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I have a IBM Thinkpad 600 laptop, PII 266, 128MB RAM, 4GB HDD, DVD
    > and i was wondering if it would be fast enough to install & run
    > Windows 2000 Pro ?

    Yes, it will install just fine and run well. Will it give a magnitude leap
    in speed? No.

    Will it be more stable than W98? Yes, by several light years!

    I have YET to see a BSOD on one of my Thinkpads running W2K that wasn't as a
    result of an operator error! I've been running W2K since Beta2.

    Regards,

    James

    JHEM, May 17, 2004
  8. WELL worth adding more memory though. On a comparable machine (300MHz)
    160Mb wasn't really enough for slick running. 256 would probably be ok, but
    even more would be even better...

    --
    ####################
    ## PH, London

    Philip Herlihy, May 17, 2004
  9. Warthog

    tiM Guest

    On Mon, 17 May 2004 19:45:18 +0100, Philip Herlihy wrote:

    > WELL worth adding more memory though. On a comparable machine (300MHz)
    > 160Mb wasn't really enough for slick running. 256 would probably be ok,
    > but even more would be even better...

    KIV that the TP600 is max'd at 288MB of ram.
    --
    TimW
    tiM, May 17, 2004
  10. Warthog

    Robert Inder Guest

    > Subject: Windows 2000
    > Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 18:05:09 +0000 (UTC)

    > Hello,

    > I have a IBM Thinkpad 600 laptop, PII 266, 128MB RAM, 4GB HDD, DVD and i was
    > wondering if it would be fast enough to install & run Windows 2000 Pro ?

    > Thanks,

    I have W2K on a TP600, and it runs perfectly well BUT I do have extra
    RAM (total of 196). I did run it withou the extra for a while, and it
    was noticeably slower.

    > --
    > Spam trap: Replace NOD with ndo

    Robert.