    Does anyone know how to get hold of this service pack?
    Is it ever on the CD of any computer mags?

    cheers

    John, Oct 2, 2003

  2. John

    Paul Guest

    Where in NZ r u John??

    I can burn Sp4 for u if u want.

    Paul, Oct 2, 2003

  3. John

    T.N.O. Guest

    "John" wrote
    > Does anyone know how to get hold of this service pack?
    > Is it ever on the CD of any computer mags?

    Search on groups.google.com for "nathan microsoft 0800" without the ""
    marks, and you'll find an 0800 number to ring, and they(MS) will send you a
    CD with all the latest updates on it, I assume it will have SP4 on it, might
    have to ask them.

    T.N.O., Oct 2, 2003
  4. John

    John Guest

    On Thu, 2 Oct 2003 21:28:20 +1200, "Paul" <> wrote:

    >Where in NZ r u John??
    >
    >I can burn Sp4 for u if u want.

    Titahi Bay,
    Porirua

    John, Oct 2, 2003
  5. "John" <> wrote in message
    > Does anyone know how to get hold of this service pack?
    > Is it ever on the CD of any computer mags?

    ring microsoft 0800 800 004 ask for the blaster patch cdrom, sp4 is on there

    Nathan Mercer, Oct 2, 2003
  6. John

    Paul Guest

    ah ok i'm in mt eden auckland

    I can send u a copy if u want.

    Let me know if u do and i'll
    put my email in here so I can
    get ya address

    Paul, Oct 3, 2003
  7. John

    Brian Tozer Guest

    "Nathan Mercer" wrote

    > ring microsoft 0800 800 004 ask for the blaster patch cdrom, sp4 is on

    there

    Is there anywhere online that describes just what is on this CD?
    Is it possible to get a CD of all the critical updates to date for XP so
    that they can be installed from the CD rather than hours online?

    Brian Tozer

    Brian Tozer, Oct 3, 2003
  8. John

    n Guest

    "Brian Tozer" <> wrote in message
    > "Nathan Mercer" wrote
    >
    > > ring microsoft 0800 800 004 ask for the blaster patch cdrom, sp4 is on

    > there
    >
    > Is there anywhere online that describes just what is on this CD?

    No, but it has ms03-39 for all affected platforms (NT4, Win2000, WinXP) and
    associated service packs (NT4SP6a, 2000SP4, XPSP1)

    > Is it possible to get a CD of all the critical updates to date for XP so
    > that they can be installed from the CD rather than hours online?

    No not yet, but something is coming. Its a few months away yet though.

    n, Oct 5, 2003
  9. "Brian Tozer" <> wrote in message
    > "Nathan Mercer" wrote
    >
    > > ring microsoft 0800 800 004 ask for the blaster patch cdrom, sp4 is on

    > there
    >
    > Is there anywhere online that describes just what is on this CD?
    > Is it possible to get a CD of all the critical updates to date for XP so
    > that they can be installed from the CD rather than hours online?

    This security rollup is available now
    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=826939
    It has all the important post SP1 fixes for XP

    If you're building on a network these links are handy for slipstreaming

    Windows 2000 (hotfixes post-SP3):

    http://www.microsoft.com/windows200...tm#installing_windows_2000_with_hotfixes_ykot

    Windows XP (hotfixes post-SP1):

    http://www.microsoft.com/WindowsXP/...fdeploy.asp#the_combination_installation_gxsi