    The specific error code is 0x5. Press OK to continue or cancel to stop setup
    and try again. If you continue the components may not function properly."

    I'd appreciate if anyone could help me out.

    Inchul Park, Aug 2, 2003

  2. Inchul Park

    why? Guest

    On Sat, 2 Aug 2003 16:33:05 -0400, Inchul Park wrote:

    >I am trying to install IIS, but I have some error message.

    Which ver / What OS?

    >"Setup could not copy a file or more files.
    >The specific error code is 0x5. Press OK to continue or cancel to stop setup
    >and try again. If you continue the components may not function properly."
    >
    >I'd appreciate if anyone could help me out.

    Technet CD search, in the KB WinNT/2000 section.

    IIS near 0x5 - 0 matches
    specific near 0x5 - 0 matches

    Change search to no filter.

    IIS near 0x5 - 0 matches
    specific near 0x5 - 0 matches

    "copy a file or more files" - 4 matches, the 4 article headers are -

    Knowledge Base
    How to Open a Downloaded FilePSS ID Number: 258809
    Article Last Modified on 12/17/2000

    Knowledge Base
    Problems Copying to a Double-Density Floppy After FormattingPSS ID
    Number: 185702
    Article Last Modified on 2/4/1999
    Microsoft Windows 98

    Knowledge Base
    Indexing Service Adds Data Streams to Image FilesPSS ID Number: 319300
    Article Last Modified on 10/11/2002
    Microsoft Windows 2000 Server

    Knowledge Base
    'INVALID PATH' Message Following 'DISK IS FULL' MessagePSS ID Number:
    77463
    Article Last Modified on 11/21/1999
    Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 5.0
    Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 5.0a
    Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.0

    "specific error code is 0x5" - 0 matches

    "code is 0x5" - 4 matches, the 4 article headers are -

    Knowledge Base
    SMS: Clients Are Not Installed for Non-English SMS 2.0 SP4 ServersPSS ID
    Number: 323652
    Article Last Modified on 4/21/2003
    Microsoft Systems Management Server 2.0 SP4

    Knowledge Base
    FIX: Unhandled Exception When Running DBCC CheckdbPSS ID Number: 147414
    Article Last Modified on 3/26/1999
    Microsoft SQL Server 6.0

    Knowledge Base
    RAS ErrMsg: NETBIOS Error 640: A Netbios Error Has Occurred...PSS ID
    Number: 111094
    Article Last Modified on 10/3/1999
    Microsoft Windows for Workgroups 3.11

    Knowledge Base
    XADM: Error 1069 Starting an Exchange 2000 Server ServicePSS ID Number:
    271920
    Article Last Modified on 8/6/2002
    Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server

    Not much to go on, from the error message you were given. Try searching
    www.google.com and http://support.microsoft.com/ for manual uninstall of
    IIS. Then after clearing it all out reinstall it.

    Me

    why?, Aug 2, 2003