Windows 2000+Service pack 4+ACU

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Pampheebs, Aug 26, 2004.

  1. Pampheebs

    Pampheebs Guest

    Hi!

    I've got a problem... one of my clients has installed service pack 4 on
    his computers running W2K and his wireless cards has gone. I've
    reproduced it in my own PC's and it seems that service pack 4 is breaking
    something. The symptoms are funny:

    + Card associates and authenticates (I'm using Wep). On one PC Windows
    says that "network wire is disconneted" and in the other one although a
    valid IP address is assigned no traffic is sent or received at all.
    + Sometimes if I insert another non-Cisco card and do something (I guess
    I'm reinitializing communication stack) and then reinsert my Cisco card
    it works.

    I've been glimpsing on Cisco and Microsoft web sites but I've found only
    one open issue on Microsoft's about PEAP and service pack4 problem, that
    I guess is not my kind of problem.

    Any clue?

    Thanks folks.
    Pampheebs, Aug 26, 2004