    SWE Guest

    Anybody know where I can find a comparison chart of Server vs. Advanced
    Server?

    SWE, Dec 8, 2003

  2. SWE

    Kendal Emery Guest

    OK, I typed your exact title into google and found it in about three
    clicks......

    Systems Administrator
    Coordinated Home Care

    remove me to email to me

    Kendal Emery, Dec 8, 2003

  3. SWE

    SWE Guest

    I understand the point you are trying to make, but I too
    used google and found articles but no charts, and that's
    why I decided to post to the newsgroup, just hoping that I
    wouldn't get a response such as yours. Thanks for nothing.

    SWE, Dec 8, 2003
  4. SWE

    anonymous Guest

    This would be a much better place if those MCNGP people
    weren't here. Pretty pathetic group but at least this one
    identifies himself instead of hiding like the rest.

    anonymous, Dec 9, 2003
  5. SWE

    Paul Lynch Guest

    Paul Lynch, Dec 9, 2003
  6. SWE

    JaR Guest

    "anonymous" <> wrote in message
    > This would be a much better place if those MCNGP people
    > weren't here. Pretty pathetic group but at least this one
    > identifies himself instead of hiding like the rest.

    MCNGP would have no reason to be here if not for the lusers and spammers.

    BTW "anonymous", is I expect, not *your* real name either, hmmmm?

    The OP says she was hoping to not get the response that she did. Well, then,
    why not explain what steps she had aready taken to try to find the info
    before posting?

    A sysadmin needs to be able to do research.

    This site took me all of 30 seconds to find:

    http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/serverfamily/default.asp

    I'm quite sure there are many more out there if the OP is persistant enough
    to find them, I can't be bothered.

    HAND

    JaR
    MCNGP#....................................42

    JaR, Dec 9, 2003
  7. SWE

    SWE Guest

    Thank you JaR, that chart was very helpful, unfortunately I didn't come
    across that one yesterday.

    When I ask a question in a newsgroup, I ask it after looking in the
    newsgroup archives, using search engines, books, knowledge bases, help
    files, etc. I didn't think it was necessary to preface my question with that
    information because I would hope that anybody who asks questions in here
    would first put forth some effort in finding the information themselves. I'm
    all too familiar with someone contacting me for help with something that
    they could have figured out themselves had they tried. In fact, I usually
    reward such laziness with making them wait because I know if it's important
    they'll try to solve the problem while they're waiting on me. They often
    call back saying, nevermind I figured it out myself.

    I find it's easier to ignore the messages that I think are stupid (i.e.
    where do I find braindumps) or poorly researched (i.e. how do logon to the
    MCP member site). I suggest fellow newsgroup posters read and respond
    selectively.

    ---

    SWE, Dec 9, 2003
  8. SWE

    KennyG Guest

    Touche'

    KennyG, Dec 9, 2003
  9. SWE

    Consultant Guest

    perhaps if that was the case of those who ask questions in here. i'd say
    close to 99% of the people asking for basic stuff fail to utilize the
    resources available to them and would rather have someone else do it for
    them. that being said, i find it hard to believe that you couldn't find
    this, with all the steps you listed below, on your own.

    Consultant, Dec 9, 2003
  10. SWE

    SWE Guest

    it's cool, i don't need you to find it easy to believe.

    not sure why you'd stay in the newsgroup if you find so many people don't at
    least make an attempt to find the answers to their questions.

    this newsgroup is also a public resource. let people use it. if you think
    they're abusing it, ignore their cries for help.

    SWE, Dec 9, 2003
  11. SWE

    Kendal Emery Guest

    I am so sorry, how insenstive of me to try to teach you to stand on your
    own... I will lead you by the hand.
    since it is rather obscure....

    in google I typed Windows 2000 server vs. advanced server
    The first link was the Windows 2000 Advanced server homepage
    On the right was a product overview button
    And on that page was a link to the Windows 2000 server family

    Now, knowing that I wanted a comparison between two of the server family, I
    clicked on that link and voila, I got the same page as was given to you in
    later posts.

    Now, in the future, if youdon't want a response like mine, then I suggest
    you put in your post that you have searched here, and searched there, and
    what youtyped into google. A post like yours says, "I haven't done
    anything, I want to be spoon fed"
    Systems Administrator
    Coordinated Home Care

    remove me to email to me

    Kendal Emery, Dec 11, 2003
  12. SWE

    Jtyc Guest

    > A post like yours says, "I haven't done
    > anything, I want to be spoon fed"

    I haven't done anything and I WANT to be spoon fed.

    Literally...

    Jtyc, Dec 11, 2003
  13. SWE

    JaR Guest

    > I am so sorry, how insenstive of me to try to teach you to stand on your
    > own... I will lead you by the hand.
    > since it is rather obscure....

    Yes you were insensitive. She looked sooooo hard. This computer stuff is
    reeeeaaaaly haaaard! And then sarcastic you comes along. Shame on you. Just
    'cause anyone else who bothered could find the link in three clicks, does
    not mean that everyone can, now does it?

    Oh, wait. Yeah I guess it does, huh!

    Still, please try to be more understanding in future. If someone can't find
    something, you should just look it up for them and be nice.

    I have scheduled you for our next class, "Spoon-Feeding 101".

    JaR
    MCNGP#....................................42

    JaR, Dec 11, 2003
  14. SWE

    SWE Guest

    > I am so sorry, how insenstive of me to try to teach you to stand on your
    > own... I will lead you by the hand.
    > since it is rather obscure....

    I don't need to be lead by the hand, it's not obscure at all. But, I'm sure
    you've never overlooked a link, or clicked on one that led you down the
    wrong path. This is not such a big deal, move on.

    > Now, in the future, if youdon't want a response like mine, then I suggest
    > you put in your post that you have searched here, and searched there, and
    > what youtyped into google. A post like yours says, "I haven't done
    > anything, I want to be spoon fed"

    I believe I already addressed this issue, no spoon feeding necessary thanks.

    SWE, Dec 12, 2003
  15. SWE

    SWE Guest

    > > A post like yours says, "I haven't done
    > > anything, I want to be spoon fed"

    > I haven't done anything and I WANT to be spoon fed.

    No, what I said was, "Anybody know where I can find a comparison chart of
    Server vs. Advanced
    Server?"

    SWE, Dec 12, 2003
  16. SWE

    SWE Guest

    "JaR" <> wrote in message
    > Still, please try to be more understanding in future. If someone can't

    find
    > something, you should just look it up for them and be nice.

    Again, I didn't ask anyone to look anything up for me. Whoever did, and is
    upset about it, has themselves to blame. Nobody made you do it.

    > I have scheduled you for our next class, "Spoon-Feeding 101".

    Not interested, thanks anyway.

    SWE, Dec 12, 2003
  17. SWE

    Jtyc Guest

    > No, what I said was, "Anybody know where I can find a comparison chart of
    > Server vs. Advanced
    > Server?"

    You misunderstand, I was making a shallow attempt at flirting.

    Jtyc, Dec 12, 2003
  18. SWE

    SWE Guest

    > You misunderstand, I was making a shallow attempt at flirting.

    Oh, I see. In that case, thanks, way to make a girl smile. Good thing my
    boyfriend doesn't visit this newsgroup! ;-) HAND.

    SWE, Dec 12, 2003
  19. SWE

    JaR Guest

    "SWE" <> wrote in message

    > > I have scheduled you for our next class, >"Spoon-Feeding 101".

    > Not interested, thanks anyway.

    You weren't invited ;-)

    JaR, Dec 12, 2003